Recent content by Fishguy56

1. F

Another led Unit what do you think

As for LEDs you have to invest in a good one. I have a good one for a year now and the corals love it....the tank has done real well. You should not skimp two major equipment components. Protein Skimmer and Lighting.
  2. F

LEDs serious hallide alternative or fluf?

I just installed LEDs on my 72 gallon reef last week and so far with good results. My previous lighting was T5 lamps. With the LEDs the corals have opened up even more just soaking up the rays and already starting to see new growth. The corals even look more alive. What is key about LED lights...
  3. F

Lineatus Wrasse

Wrasse did not make it..went to the big ocean in the sky over a week ago....it was for sure a swim baldder issue.
  4. F

Lineatus Wrasse

Has anyone have experience with the Lineatus Fairy Wrasse. I just added one on Thursday. Eating is good, color is fine, but is having a difficult time swimming in the water column. As if is his tail is weighing him down, hard time navigating, however straightens out when goes after food. Is this...
  5. F

Barrys Build - RSM 130D

re: Barrys Build - RSM 130D If the noise is coming from the hood of the lights it is not seated correctly. Call RS on Tuesday. Also be aware that the stock skimmer is very loud and not good at all. I eventually replaced mine with the Tunze 9002 DOC skimmer, and InTank Media rack. It worked...
  6. F

My new RSM 130D ! Started august 2010

Welcome.....like what you did with the rock work. Creating the cave will help with water circulation and minimize dead spots. Patience is key at this point. Your tank will go through many stages of development. So go very very slow with adding corals and fish. In fact at this stage there is no...
  7. F

Never Again

Going from Goldfish to a marine setup is not a logical step in terms of husbandry skills, committment both in time and money, and patience. a more logical step would be a freshwater community setup before moving onto marine.
  8. F

9002 tunze skimmer and madia rack

I installed the Tunze 9002 and media basket on Monday and fortunately have not had microbubble issues. All seems good so far unlike with the stock skimmer. Also Check the flow on the return pumps. Do you have the biological filtration media in the mesh bag that came with the RSM. If this gets...
  9. F

New 130d Pictures At last !

I read in Aquarium International Magazine that a quick dip of live rock in club soda for a minute will cause all the hitchikers to evacuate. The C02 gas from the club soda has them running. And it does not harm the fauna on the rock since it is CO2. As anyone tried this or heard of this?
  10. F

Best way to clean substrate?

Sand sifting gobies.....diamond gobies do a great job at cleaning the substrate!
  11. F

Help with hair algae

Folks, I had the issue with hair algae and cyno within the first six months of setup. What I did to manage phosphate was to put a mini intank Eheim filter on the backwall of my RSM and ran Roa-Phos. But that did not solve the problem alone. A good cleanup crew, including Turbo snail, and...
  12. F

Uploaded pics of my RSM 130D

Pics of my RSM 130D are now posted. You can see the microbubbles, tommorrow Tunze 9002 and Intank media rack go in....hope to see a difference.
  13. Red Sea Max 130D

Red Sea Max 130D

Another Pic of my tRed Sea Max 130D
  14. Red Sea Max 130D

Red Sea Max 130D

Another Pic of my Red Sea Max 130D
  15. Red Sea Max 130D

Red Sea Max 130D

Close up of Red Sea Max. Sun Coral, Star Coral, mushroom and you can see diamond sandsifter gobbies taking a rest.