9002 tunze skimmer and madia rack

timo1664

hi i changed my stock skimmer for the tunze 9002 and stevie ts madia rack and after 3 weeks im still geting microbubbles has anyone else had this prob. the water is up to the line i have removed the black inlet cover to see if that helps but no joy i had no probs with the stock skimmer and my water was cristal clear

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
What do you have in the media rack - things like Chemi-Pure Elite, or dirty floss or filter pad, can cut flow and drop the water level in back. Do the bubbles stop if you shut off the skimmer?

Check the pics on this page for the best way to use the Chemi-Pure Elite in the rack:

RSM Media Basket

timo1664

hi terry c.p.e then purigen and a fillter pad on top the water never drops so i have good flow the bubbles dont stop completelybut dose get better

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
1055.gif

timo1664

come on guys help me out i changed over because most of u have them and rate them i have tried moving the pump nossles to point in the middle ive moved my koralia 2800 all over the tank the water doesnt drop below top mark. i get bubbles on my rock.it might be the flow on top does it need it.where should i put my koralia at the moment it is on the left hand side puting flow on top

slugsy

my 9002 took ages to 'bed in' and stop producing micro bubbles some say that the skimmers need to season, not sure if its true but after a while bubble dissapeared on mine.
If the media rack blocks up at all,the water level will drop (fast) in like one/two days, but the micro bubbles i get then are like a snowstorm!
Clean the media rack at least every other day and let the skimmer season and after a month things should calm down hopefully!

Bathtub

I go back to my old mantra of it being the pressure head available to the stock power heads causing cavitation (sorry)....
If you tuen off 1 powerhead do micro bubbles stop? Is there a change in water level in back of tank?

Fishguy56

I installed the Tunze 9002 and media basket on Monday and fortunately have not had microbubble issues. All seems good so far unlike with the stock skimmer. Also Check the flow on the return pumps. Do you have the biological filtration media in the mesh bag that came with the RSM. If this gets clogged will cause microbubbling as well. What I put in the media basket is as follows:

Top shelf: polycarbon & phosphate removal pads which also does mechanical filtering. Middle Shelf: Purigen. Bottom Shelf more polycarbon padding. Eventually will change to roa phos but for now this is what is in the media rack.