Recent content by ed84g

1. ed84g

Corals next to each other

Awesome... Thanks for the links. I'll read up. Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
  2. ed84g

Thanks guys :) I know that the hammers sting which is why I have kept them on their own island away from others. That is all I really know though. I don't have any personal experience either because I am soft and wear gloves! If something does get stung, would it tend to grow away or around...
  3. ed84g

How do i trim this?

Thanks. And now I know the name :) If I cut the skeleton will it continue to grow from where I cut it or would that part stop growing? Also, would the part I cut off continue to grow if I attach it somewhere else? Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
  4. ed84g

Hi My tank has got to the point where I am running low on space and want to start placing things in more permanent spots. At the moment I have just put things where they fitted and looked alright. As my corals are growing they are encroaching on each other a little, I also want to keep...
  5. ed84g

How do i trim this?

Hi... At risk of sounding like an idiot I don't know the names of many of the corals in my tank. Could I please get some advice on trimming the large one to the right/top. It has grown many new heads since I got it. I want to trim the back part (left part of the Coral to the right in the image...
  6. ed84g

1st Saltwater- 180L - Going for Colour and Awesomeness (hopefully)!

Do you remember in my first post where i mentioned leaving my freshwater tank in the not so capable hands of my younger brother at my parents house? Lets just say that it isn't so fresh now! It is in what became the spare room after i left and despite the fact that the window was open...
  7. ed84g

Sorry, no that mushroom coral wasn't on the rock... That was the first coral i put into the tank but the photo was the only picture of the urchin that i have from the early days!! I didn't even realise that the mushroom was in the photo until you pointed it out!
  8. ed84g

Ive never been so excited about looking at a pile of rocks! Lots of these guys came out of the rock after a couple of nights And there were a lot of sponges on the rock as well. There was a pretty cool starfish that i didn't manage to get a photo of before he hid himself in the...
  9. ed84g

Is this coral dying, if so what could be the cause?

Thanks for the info. None of them are touching anything so im not sure that it could be from touching another coral, do you think that something in the tank could have poisoned it from a distance without ever touching? Im trying the big water changes at the moment, have already done 20% and...
  10. ed84g

I meant to add this photo as well, it used to open up very big but the past week it has been like this. I'm a little concerned that somethis is wrong Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
  11. ed84g

I've had this in my tank for about 6 months. It's in a relatively strong flow ares with ok light. The top 2 heads still seem fine although they don't open like they used to. The bottom 2 haven't opened properly for a few weeks and tonight I noticed that the tentacles are looking very scraggly...
  12. ed84g

Cool colored corals

My favorite one in my tank is the sun coral. It's bright red and when it feeds the tentacles are bright yellow! Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
  13. ed84g

Awesome blue coral (acropora?) where should i put it?!

It's a 180l tank, lighting is 1 45 watt juwel high lite blue and 1 45 watt white. I've got it on the sand in an area with good flow at the moment Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
  14. ed84g

Promoting Reef Sanctuary

Im a new guy around here but i signed up because this looked like a real friendly forum and i like the layout compared to some of the other forums ive seen. Im not trying to come across as rude so please don't take this the wrong way as I may be completely out of place bringing this up (im...
  15. ed84g

Hey, these photos are from 8 months ago. At the moment I've got a slightly deeper sand bed and I siphon it every 2nd water change. There are plenty of little critters that came with the rock that bury into it as well. I change water every week or so and have had no real water quality...