Recent content by dltt

1. D

wanting a little movement in my nano

Thanks Sara! Everything I have seen that provides alot of movement seems to me quite invasive. I was thinking clove polyps as well, but the area i have planned is smack dab in the middle of all the live rock.
  2. D

Cloudy salt water mix

The hydrated salt could have become "unstable" and or contaminated with the addition of water. Typically the calcium molecules will bind with the chloride molecules in the water column, this is one of the reasons you have a ph drop. The calcium chloride will then precipitate out of solution...
  3. D

wanting a little movement in my nano

Hi all, I am wanting a little more "movement" in my nano, preferably something colorful. Currently in this 10 gallon I have a large chunk of green star polyp, that is really pretty, but I am a little leary of it because of its rate of growth. Also there is a small nugget of montipora, 1 lg...
  4. D

Cloudy salt water mix

It could also be combining with the calcium and precipitating out of solution.
  5. D

Starting a Sump/Refugium

Thanks for the info! I am going to set up a 40 breeder, but still in the saving dinero mode for lighting etc. Thanks again.
  6. D

ATO storage ??

Nicotine is extremely poisionous to fish...not sure about inverts, and it does enter the water colomn from the surrounding atmosphere.
  7. D

Starting a Sump/Refugium

I have a question about starting a sump/refugium. I have an existing 10 gallon, with an existing hang on aquaclear 110 working as mech filter and small refugium. I want to drill a new 10 gallon, add an overflow from glass holes.com, and move the contents from this aquarium to the drilled tank...
  8. D

Lighting for 40 gallon breeder

Fairly descent....I am an aircraft mechanic
  9. D

Do you guys have any good recommendations for T5s that wont break the bank?
  10. D

Thank you guys bunches...your advice really helps out!
  11. D

Hi all, I am pondering the idea of a 40 gallon breeder, and have been researching lighting. Primarily, I believe it will be sps tank and I am looking at 36in Metal Halide HQI System Advance Plus for my lighting. On my 10 gallon nano I have a 72w (2x12000K, 18W) and (2xActinincs, 18W), and so...
  12. D

nusance caulerpa

Thank you Seafansar, I was not aware sea urchins were caulerpa coinisuers! I have so much to learn!
  13. D

nusance caulerpa

Thanks....it isnt really a non answer. Just wandering if I was going to be plagued with this stuff forever, and it kind of sounds that way. Maybe I need a 10 gallon display and 90 gallon refugium to try to transport out whatever is making this stuff grow...lol.
  14. D

nusance caulerpa

Hi all, I have a question about grape caulerpa. I currently have a 10g nano with an aqua clear 110 doing double duty as diy mechanical filtration and refugium. I have about 2 lbs of lr in the refugium and cheato, the cheato is coming on like gang busters. My sg is 1.026, ph 8.4, nitrites...
  15. D

coral frag

My wife is from Russia and she calls my peppermints "little hooligans".....lol. They are miscievious little rascals, but I have not seen any more aptasia since they have been in the tank!