wanting a little movement in my nano

dltt

Hi all, I am wanting a little more "movement" in my nano, preferably something colorful. Currently in this 10 gallon I have a large chunk of green star polyp, that is really pretty, but I am a little leary of it because of its rate of growth. Also there is a small nugget of montipora, 1 lg and 1 small zoanthid colonies, and a pretty rock with a couple of 1" diameter coralmorph ricordias. Also, 1, 1" diameter head of frogspawn. I am not too concerned with size at the present because I hope to have at least a 40 breeder within the next 6 to 8 months and plan on moving some of these inhabitants to it. Does anyone have any suggestions of something colorful that will provide movement in the tank. I have alot of water movement in this tank as well. I also have quite a bit of light in this aquarium...a 4 bulb fixture with 2 18w 12,000K daylights and 2 18w actinics. Thanks for your suggestions!

seafansar

Duncans. Clove polyps, but you get the same risk of them growing out of control like the GSP's, but they are really pretty!

dltt

Thanks Sara! Everything I have seen that provides alot of movement seems to me quite invasive. I was thinking clove polyps as well, but the area i have planned is smack dab in the middle of all the live rock.

Reefltx

I used to have a torch coral, one of those tan with white tips. It added a lot of movement, the more flow it gets the more it expand its tentacles. Another one would be a galaxy coral, it will add color and movement. But, be aware both are aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catran

+1 Torch coral. I have a small one in my DT and wish it were bigger. I'm starting a 7.5g pico for my office this summer and I'm moving the Torch to it!!

Reefltx

+1 Torch coral. I have a small one in my DT and wish it were bigger. I'm starting a 7.5g pico for my office this summer and I'm moving the Torch to it!!

When it starts to grow new heads, you'll want it in a bigger tank. I had mines in a 28g and it had three heads. During the day with the main lights on, its sweepers would reach out about 8-9" and it killed some of my ricordia mushrooms, would sting anything near by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catran

Since it isn't growing fast it will be okay for now. I have 128g of water in 3 tanks for when it does grow.