Wrangy's 50 Gallon ZEOvit Rebirth

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Very exciting about the mandarin too! Would you mind telling us how long you had him in quarantine and what he's eating? Thanks!
Yes :) He's been in the tank for a few weeks now and is still smashing the lobster eggs :) So I'm still feeding them very regularly. I'm not sure if he's eating flake or pellets but he hasn't lost any weight since being released so I guess he's having a nibble and getting some pods too :) I keep him in separation for a week in the tank before releasing him, long enough that I was confident in what he was eating and how he was eating :)

Snelly40

where did u buy the zeozym? the only place i've seen it is BRS and unfortunately Twice now my credit card info has been stolen from them and i just got through being reimbursed that money...

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Have you noticed better skimmer function since using the zeozym?
There has definitely been some improvements, I'm in the process of retuning my skimmer now lol so hopefully it's doing its thing! I let it stand for at least 5+ hours and then turn the skimmer off for two after dosing :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
where did u buy the zeozym? the only place i've seen it is BRS and unfortunately Twice now my credit card info has been stolen from them and i just got through being reimbursed that money...
For me, anything that isn't stones or carbon I buy straight from KZ in Germany themselves :) They're fantastic to deal with and super helpful! Really good shipping rates too! Pricewise it's fantastic! Here zeozym is $100 for a 250gm tub but from KZ I got my entire order and shipping for $200 including big bottles of start, sponge power and biomate :)

newo11

Thanks mate! :)

I've started the zeozym dosing twice a week and have sponge power again so hopefully good things will start to come now in addition with the t5's :) looking to upgrade to a Nano Box Reef Hybrid mid-year, 4x 24w and 150w of LEDS :)

Those hybrids are really, really nice. Dave has done a great job on that fixture as an option. It's the best of both worlds, especially with the SPS you have in that tank!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Those hybrids are really, really nice. Dave has done a great job on that fixture as an option. It's the best of both worlds, especially with the SPS you have in that tank!
Yes, Dave really has done a stunning job on them! :) I'm really looking forward to getting them and getting them running on the tank, hybrids are the way of the future, regardless of the type of hybrid they're definitely the way to go! And these are killer hybrids :)

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Finally caught up on your thread - as everyone else has said - looks awesome! What are you planning to purchase next?

sirrealism

I just read your tank thread. Great job. You have sold me on the Zeo. So I think I will start a post asking how to convert a tank thats been running for years over to Zeo. Please look for the post as I dont want to steal yours. Thanks again.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Finally caught up on your thread - as everyone else has said - looks awesome! What are you planning to purchase next?
Spanks very much :D
Next purchase is actually in the mail at the moment and that's my new(old) calcium reactor!! I can't wait to get it going :) The next purchase after that is going to be the dosing pump to run the reactor so it's hardware at the moment lol

Of course I'm sure I'll find myself plenty of nice acro's and zoa's along the way lol I'm ALWAYS looking for more of those :yup: I'm not quite sure what my next fish purchase is going to be though, I'm quite keen on getting a small mystery wrasse as they're gorgeous little critters but then again something else miht take my fancy haha my lfs always gets in some of the best fish! So who knows :p