Bryan's 120 Reef

Choff

I've seen the tape measure Bryan is talking about and I can tell you that what it shows as 6" is 3 tops....

...stupid auto correct

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Got the clippers out a little bit today! We do so much work to make them grow only to cause more work when they grow too big!

BA715B78-3413-42FC-8DB0-77C6E30410EB-7965-0000036E6D9E270C_zps1dddaa5c.jpg

My Rommel and strawberry shortcake grow really well. In the pic you can see my bubble gum Millie as well, she's a beauty and in the middle of the tank so I only frag her few a limited few ;)

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Super sweet frags fella. Some definite kudos when you want to swap for a coral you don't have. It's nice to see such success.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Super sweet frags fella. Some definite kudos when you want to swap for a coral you don't have. It's nice to see such success.

Thanks! I'm always open to trades when they are of the nice SPS nature :)

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
You have been nominated for June's TOTM! Please post a recent full tank shot to your thread here so I can use it for the vote. Good luck!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Gorgeous !

Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys! I've really tried to get it cleaned up nicely and trim the colonies back for an autopilot mode. We just had our baby boy so it needs to "manage itself" for a while. Finally beat a dino attack about 4 weeks ago and the tank has never been cleaner since. Not sure what happened but I like it.

My problem now, too many frags! It's actually a small problem, I need to trim but don't want the frags :(. They are a lot of work but "tank money" helps keep the wife at bay

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Absolutely a worthy ToTM selection. I think that looks inspirational, which is what a TOTM should be to newcomers and us regular folks. Definitely raises the bar ;)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Man I love your acro collection!! :drooool:
I really admire your tank and definitely agree with the nomination :yup: What are you dosing? :)

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments! Tanks really look better once the corals grow in and it gives that natural reef look and that's where I'm at now, even the fish act differently.

I have a fairly standard setup - skimmer, carbon - run WM bio pellets, canister with matrix in it and kalk +2 in my ato. The bps are fairly new. I dose alk on Wednesdays as my small ca reactor doesn't do it all..... Gives me a reason to test! I dose off and on some amino acids but I don't think it does anything. 2 gen 2 radions for lighting and I use seachems "salinity" salt for water changes.

I owe a lot of what my tank looks lik to Reggie (Reeferman) as he has helped me tremendously over the past two years...... Best wisdom "patience son ;)"

Last edited:

Mike Johnson

Congratulations on the baby boy! What's his name? About your tank - wow, it's an inspiration!

Could we work out a deal on one of each of your frags?

If you need a shipping container I could mail you one.