DianaKay's RSM 250

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Jerry is spot on with his post above. The Lifereef can break syphon if you start to see bubbles building up in the tube because you are not moving enough water. This is rare and you just need to make sure you have not slowed the water movement up to the tank down so much that you start getting bubbles in the tube.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Determined to get this sump/fuge up-n-running TODAY. :fingerx:
Used 40 pounds of CaribSea Aragonite Seaflor Special Grade Sand in the refugium and it only made a 4 inch sand bed. The sand bag instructions recommends 2 pounds of sand per gallon for a DSB. It took 15 gal. of SW to fill the fuge. Simple math says I have enough sand but I was just thinking I'd do a 6in. sand bed.
What do you all think? :fishy: I used all the sand I have on hand, do I need more? :ponder2:
null_zpsfb739d35.jpg
[/IMG]

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
It's NOT :waa: I'm just NOT a DIY'er & I prove it every time I try to :(
Got the hole drilled for the J-Tube (it's not pretty but it's drilled) Now the J-Tube (for the return water) just barely reaches the water surface. I removed the stock skimmer & lowered the gate level so the back water level would be higher. The back is full, the J-Tube just doesn't seem long enough. Waiting to hear back from Jeff @LifeReef to see what he thinks or suggests. FRUSTRATED!!! :mad:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
UPDATE: it's running :pBJ: & the Refugium is clearing up really fast. I had it going before midnight too :yehoo:
null_zps5170d781.jpg
[/IMG]
null_zpsa8948205.jpg
[/IMG]
Still fine tuning ....Skimmer next but I don't expect any problems.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks for the LIKES & congrats, I'm HaPpY :geekin:
Plans next are to add :fishy2::fishy::fishy2: Some for my :bday1: and some for Christmas :D
Add Pods & macro & move some ugly LR to the fuge. :thumbup:
Kinda sounds like my life revolves around MY FISH TANK :LOL:

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looks absolutely wicked Di :D Making me very jealous!! I would love to have that kind of setup and you've done such an awesome job with it :yup: make sure you take LOTS of photo's of it as it progress along! :snshne:
Soooooooo awesome!

kyle4201

OMGosh D!!!! How did I miss your posts about your new Fuge??? Ive been waiting so long 4 u to get it. I didnt get a call so it must have went well. It looks great!! Congrats!! :clink:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:woohoo: NEW TANK MATES :woohoo:
Meet my newest additions: Barney, Betty & Bam-Bam RubbleFish :D
null_zpsff5c8313.jpg
[/IMG]
They are going to stay in the refugium for a couple of weeks acclimation time. I figure about the time they start picking on each other it will be time to add them to the DT & let the Cherub Angel chase them around :yup:

Wolffman64

Hi Di, completely missed your update, it looks fantastic! Such a cool upgrade to the 250! My own 250 crashed a couple of days ago, but I managed to safely move the rest of the fish to the 500 without a loss. Will now dismantle and sell it.

Really happy for you, will follow the progress closely :chair: