RSM 130, 130D and 130C Mods

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Chris - have you set up the ATO feed into the tank yet? If you have the return tubing/fitting entering below the desired water level it may siphon tank water back down to the reservoir when the ATO pump shuts off.

cabolick

I got my ATO sump put in today and tested. Also mounted a rack on the door to hold fish food containers along with some other stuff to free up some shelf space. Thought I'd add some photos of how it turned out.

Rack installed on the door.
DSC01006.jpg

ATO sump inside of cabinet.
DSC01007.jpg

Thanks,
Chris B

TonyV

So I took the plunge, pulled the trigger and purchased a new fixture. I went with the AquaticLife T5 HO and wow! I should have done it sooner. What a difference true T5 lighting makes over PC bulbs. The built-in timer, the ability to change bulbs to my color preference, and the single power cord all sold me on it. I know now why corals in the store look so much brighter which commands a higher price tag. My tank looks like it is worth $1000 more now. :)
In my opinion the LEDs are quite bright and even brighter than my stock RSM hood. These put out an incredible amount of light and now I have shimmer!
I do see a bulb change in the future as the combo of the 10K bulbs mixed with the 420/460 seem a bit white/yellow for my taste. I actually prefer a more bluish look and just having the 420/460 bulbs on is astonishing.

I recommend anyone wanting a good cheaper alternative to MH lighting to look at these fixtures.

redsea reefer

So I took the plunge, pulled the trigger and purchased a new fixture. I went with the AquaticLife T5 HO and wow! I should have done it sooner. What a difference true T5 lighting makes over PC bulbs. The built-in timer, the ability to change bulbs to my color preference, and the single power cord all sold me on it. I know now why corals in the store look so much brighter which commands a higher price tag. My tank looks like it is worth $1000 more now. :)
In my opinion the LEDs are quite bright and even brighter than my stock RSM hood. These put out an incredible amount of light and now I have shimmer!
I do see a bulb change in the future as the combo of the 10K bulbs mixed with the 420/460 seem a bit white/yellow for my taste. I actually prefer a more bluish look and just having the 420/460 bulbs on is astonishing.

I recommend anyone wanting a good cheaper alternative to MH lighting to look at these fixtures.

Sounds nice Tony, can you show us before and after pics, I would love to see it.

How many bulbs? is it 4x24w....can you provide a link to the fixture.. Thanks

TonyV

Sorry no before pics unless you back track in this thread. I'll post up a new pic soon. The fixture is 4x24 but there supposedly is a 6x24 in the works for next spring according to Dave at AquaticLife. For now this fixture is plenty and sits nice and low compared to some of the MH/T5 combos. The wifey is happy! The fixture was $240 shipped to my door and it looks like this...

AquaticLife LLC | Live It Today! Premium Marine Aquarium Products