RSM 130, 130D and 130C Mods

redsea reefer

Re: RSM mods

a long time ago, i cut off 1/2 inch from the bottom of the skimmer body to lower it more. I may cut it another 1/2 inch soon.
There's my mod, the only other thing i have done(which im sure everyone knows already)is drill a 1/4 hole in the upper right corner and stuck the air line in to quiet down the skimmer.

DSCF1473.jpg

DSCF1380.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Nice to see some mod links & mods showing up in here! Hopefully that will make it a bit easier to find them. The tank and sump/fuge are looking great bodyguard295!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
bodyguard - No apology needed - both threads are now stickied - one for 130 & 130D mods (renamed to "RSM 130 and 130D Mods", and a second one for 250 mods. Thanks to Allen - BigAl07!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
quick/simple led mod...

I just saw white.... got mine at Walmart

IMG_0500led.jpg

This next shot... I just did real quick... it's a hand held shot at one (1) second... thus not my best, but you will get the idea, I really needed to setup the tripod.

IMG_0504led2.jpg

I have added an LED light in a linear arrangement.

Pics to come... it took me all of 2 minutes :)

Stick on, doubles the moon lights output & when main lights go off and I want to watch a bit more and the blue moon lights are not quite enough, I now just touch this little light & three (3) more LED lights come on, not bad for a ten dollar investment & sticks on right next to the test tube holders... I am really enjoying it, for the price & time invested
745.gif

•Stick to almost any surface.
•Easy touch on & off
•3 replacable AAA batteries included
•Dimensions: 7.13” x 1.8” x 1.13”
•Bi-directional LED light in a linear arrangement for wider coverage area
•Slants in two directions for a precise light beam
•Easy battery exchange with push-bayonet battery door

OSRAM SYLVANIA Online Store - DOT-it® Linear Swivel Black

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Update to my above quick/simple $7 LED light mod... use Superglue to supplement the self-adhesive pads that comes with the light, as the original self-adhesive pads won't work by themselves.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Glenn - can you still get at the batteries after gluing it on? Did it fall in the tank?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Yes - it's a nice design... very easy... slide it one inch to the right & opens right up - it did fall in the tank... walmart replaced it :) I told them the sticky didn't hold... I Super-glued this one on & all seems well now :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Great on getting a replacement. Be sure to check once in a while on the batteries - if SW gets into them they'll corrode and start leaking acid and other nasty stuff into the tank.

Blurp

Good idea - better safe than sorry. That tank of yours is too beautiful to take any chances. It'll probably be fine, but good to check on it once in a while.

I agree, batteries are not reef-friendly. If they are not corroded yet they will soon... Anyway, you used a nice spot to place the leds, didn't think of it...