RSM 130, 130D and 130C Mods

Re: ATO question

Chris B, this is very helpful as I am thinking of doing something like this myself (but am not NEARLY as handy as you are). I may have several questions going forward if that's ok. For starters. What kind of drill-bit did you use to drill the holes for the bulkhead fitting and the other holes? And this is a dumb question, but where did you buy the bulkhead fitting and other plastic fittings? Also, what was your total cost to do this entire project?

DrTerro

Hello everyone! My first post! I just set up a used RSM 130. I have seen where many have run sumps and a few who have still put in an ATO without the sump. HOW?!?!? and WHERE?!?!?! in the back chamber have you set this up? On mine I cannot see the level in my rear chamber. I made a DIY float holder and top off return line but after filling the tank I realized that the height I was going to set it up at will not work. So where did you put the float switch in the back, and return top off line. Maybe some heights or pictures would be great. Thank you all

Darren

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Several sumps in the club and pics, sure some members can help

Here one link that might help, that I know some members use... prefilter box, siphon box, overflow box, siphon overflow, Eurobrace, Euro-brace, Euro-tank

Nano-Prefilter for Red Sea Max 130/130D and 250
Lifereef RSM Nano Prefilter Features:
AUTO-RESTART when power resumes, always 100%.

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

DrTerro

Thank you for the welcome. I saw that in the post in the start of the threads and a few places. But I am wanting to know where and how you set it up in the rear chambers without doing an overflow box and sump. Thanks

Still need to do a write up but here is my cutting of the back rim of the rsm130 to make room for the eshopps pf-nano overflow box.

ujyburys.jpg
y4urejar.jpg
gy6ynuru.jpg
4yre2uzy.jpg
sujadese.jpg
a5ubynuh.jpg

Scoring the bottom horizontally with a razor blade really looks to have made a BIG difference in the cleanliness of the break after cutting vertically with snips and twisting with pliers. ^.^ can't wait for the sump!

Last edited: