Search results

1. V

Frag tank

Thanks. What pump from reeflo or iwaki do you think I should use?
  2. V

Frag tank

Will do. I got the idea from my LFS. They use the nice blue, fiberglass troughs that you can get from Aquatic Ecosystems. I wanted one of those but could not justify spending $500 on a fiberglass trough. It was the shipping that made it so expensive. This setup makes it extremely easy to work with.
  3. V

Frag tank

Hello all! I am starting a frag tank and would like some advice from you vets. You willl see the design of it below. I am doing this trough style instead of a tank. I have posted the links to the troughs below. It will be a 50 gallon trough for the frags with a 110 gallon sump/trouguh beneath...
  4. V

Problem with Hammer

Thanks Jared! I checked the water and no ammonia or problems with trates and trites. Cal is 420 and mag is 1200. Alk was 8. I do have some cyano. What is the most common causemof cyano. I did a water change last night
  5. V

Problem with Hammer

Yes, wall hammer
  6. V

Problem with Hammer

My large purple hammer has not been opening well lately. I noticed that many of the heads have something that appears to be pinching the stems of the polyps. See the picture and let me know if any one has an idea what this might be. I can't tell with the magnifying glass if it is a pest or...
  7. V

random pics of fishes in my marine tank

That Achilles tang is beautiful
  8. V

Missing shrimps

I have one of these inky tank. Bastard has been eating up all of my snails. I rarely see him either. I have been thinking about getting a watchman goby to pair up with him in hopes that he will come out. I had another on living I a coral so I removed the coral and dipped it in iodine to get...
  9. V

Need help with soft coral issue

Btw, I think you are right about the turf algae. Stuff seems very hard to get rid of. Is it harmful to fish/corals?
  10. V

Al. Thank you very much for the info. I think the culprit are bristle worms. I have noticed and increase in them lately and I am definitely guilty of over feeding. Also, only the Rics and yumas that are on the bottom are being affected. I already run chemi pure elite. I will move what is left...
  11. V

Everytime I have had a problem in my tank everyone here at RS has been able to help me out. I am hoping this time is no different. I am having issues with my Ricordeas and yumas. I tested the parameters and everything was right on. Ammonia 0 Phosphates 0-5 Treated 0 Trites 0 Calcium 420...
  12. V

Bad sponge?

Good to know on the sponges. I guess i have something else going on with my rics. Wierd part is that only that small corner of the tank has anything affected. All other corals are looking great.
  13. V

Bad sponge?

Thanks! There are three of them and they have been there for about a month or so. My concern car this past weekend. They are right near a beautiful ricordea garden I have (had) and the other day a few of the Rick shriveled up. Two of them completely disappeared. Nothing else in the tank is...
  14. V

Bad sponge?

I have 3 of theses green sponges in one area of my tank. Anyone know if they are good or bad?
  15. V

A Blasto I just picked up...

Good for you! I was bidding on a very similar colony on eBay last weekend but did not get it
  16. V

A Blasto I just picked up...

Did you by any chance get those on eBay last weekend from goldenbasket?
  17. V

Help with T5 bulbs

What MAttD said....blues grow faster than whites. Studies show.
  18. V

These T5 lights

Thank you for the responses. That is exactly what I needed to hear. I thought it was too good of a price but wanted to see other's opinions. Like I said, it is a frag tank so I don't want to overdo it. I almost bought the ATIs a few months ago and I am glad I did not. I know they are great...
  19. V

These T5 lights

Thanks for the response. I am not concerened with the bulbs as I would replace those anyway. My concern is the fixture. Honestly, if the run I am happy. The don't need to look nice or anything else as this will be for a frag tank in my basement fish room.