Need help with soft coral issue

ViperDoug

Everytime I have had a problem in my tank everyone here at RS has been able to help me out. I am hoping this time is no different. I am having issues with my Ricordeas and yumas. I tested the parameters and everything was right on.
Ammonia 0
Phosphates 0-5
Treated 0
Trites 0
Calcium 420
Mag 1150
Salinity 1.026

I have noticed that the ones on the bottom of the tank have been hit by far the worst. In fact, the ones higher up in the tank are barely showing signs of stress. I can't figure this out. There are few things in my tank that worry me now.

51415D8D-F2A2-4F84-AB82-41D33BFDA3F4-2698-000003369922F1B1.jpg

Notice in the above picture the two heads that look like brown palys? The grew on their own from either the live rock or sand. They are right next to a nice (was nice) ric garden. Not sure if they are releasing something bad.

60B3AFEA-F588-47B0-A093-1238FCBB393F-2698-00000336A34F2A5A.jpg

Notice how bad the green Yuma looks but the orange one above it is fine. Does anyone think it is some type of pest like bristle worms? I think they have been increasing in numbers in the tank lately.

9FF6D60C-3525-4645-99FE-39C653A536EE-2698-00000336AF68E294.jpg

I also have this huge toadstool. This thing is about 14" across. I have heard they can become toxic.

5CD23825-7FBD-4276-AAD2-3A8F4A3A16DB-2698-0000033C579BE74B.jpg

Finally, there is this green algae that is growing on a rock next to a large blasto colony. It is very stiff like a short grass. I see little critters crawling in it sometimes. It is also getting like a white residue on it.
Any help is very much appreciated!!!
Doug

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
The photos are a bit blurry, but I can't see an issue with your corals from the photos. The algae looks like it might be a bottle brush but again hard to tell from the photo. My rics and shrooms will be spread and beautiful one day, then small and folded the next with no real reasoning but I've never lost one. They are pretty resilient.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Algae looks like what I've always called "Tuff" or "Turf" algae. Get rid of it while you can because it's VERY hard to get rid of once it takes root.

I'd run some Carbon and see if that helps also your Mag might be a tad low.

How long has your tank been "pouting"?

Increasing #'s or bristle worms is an indicator of excess nutrients most like from over feeding. Evaluate how much and often you're feeding and cut back. Their numbers will rise and fall naturally with the amount of food available in the system.

ViperDoug

Al. Thank you very much for the info. I think the culprit are bristle worms. I have noticed and increase in them lately and I am definitely guilty of over feeding. Also, only the Rics and yumas that are on the bottom are being affected. I already run chemi pure elite. I will move what is left tonight up higher. What a shame as they wiped out some beautiful Rics in a matter of two days.

ViperDoug

Btw, I think you are right about the turf algae. Stuff seems very hard to get rid of. Is it harmful to fish/corals?