Problem with Hammer

ViperDoug

My large purple hammer has not been opening well lately. I noticed that many of the heads have something that appears to be pinching the stems of the polyps. See the picture and let me know if any one has an idea what this might be. I can't tell with the magnifying glass if it is a pest or disease. I am thinking I should dip it.
ABBE9671-D349-4145-BE7D-EA2B01D76ED3-15495-0000114A7FF94A70.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Doogle

It could be splitting into new heads, mine is way under its usual big plump looking self for a couple weeks now but its split into five heads instead of one.
I think the forming of heads has something to do with it not inflating like usual.

Yours doesnt look like its like mine,is yours a wall hammer?

Edit- oops I'm thinking of my frogspawn, Nevermind.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Dipping is good for removing pests or preventing infections (depending on the dip you use). First I'd check water, looks like you might have a little cyno (front left of the pic). Whenever I have issues I always check my water first.

ViperDoug

Thanks Jared! I checked the water and no ammonia or problems with trates and trites. Cal is 420 and mag is 1200. Alk was 8. I do have some cyano. What is the most common causemof cyano. I did a water change last night