Missing shrimps

Choff

Down 1 blood red and 1 skunk cleaner in the last week. It's not a molt & hide. Just curious who the likely culprit is. So... Tiger shrimp (even though he is 1/4 their size) or emerald crab? I might be down an emerald crab too so that may be my answer. I'm guess is tiger. Kind of a bummer if it is. Not only do I never see him, he eating up my shrimp. :(

At least my Gobies like him.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

theplantman

If you are talking about a tiger pistol shrimp, they can be obnoxious, i had one and gave it away. Not only did it fire off its claw at other critters but every time i hade to work around the live rock the little sucker would find me and snap at my hand. He got to be about 2" long before i finally had enough. Fortunately i never lost any other tank inhabitants to him, but even my gobies that were supposed to host with pistol shrimp wanted nothing to do with him.

ViperDoug

I have one of these inky tank. Bastard has been eating up all of my snails. I rarely see him either. I have been thinking about getting a watchman goby to pair up with him in hopes that he will come out. I had another on living I a coral so I removed the coral and dipped it in iodine to get the shrimp out. The one still in there lives beneath the live rock on the bottom.