Search results

1. Noel102284

60 Gallon Rimless build

looking really nice. Any ideas yet about fish??? or are you just moving the clowns from the 30g..
  2. Noel102284

60 Gallon Rimless build

Looking really nice. Cant wait to see it with water in it.
  3. Noel102284

There's a new "tank" Sheriff in town - FLIPPER

Also, just got home. Make sure you do not leave in your tank. I left mine 24hrs. and there was slight rusting on the blade, i should have known but I am letting you all know. Nothing happened to the tank but im sure it would be a concern after a few days.I took it out and was able to wipe it...
  4. Noel102284

Just got mine in yesterday. I had some regular daily glass cleaning to do, nothing crazy, and it was great. Took everything off easily. Works great on the bowfront. I try to use it horizontally so that I am 100% sure that the corners won't scratch my glass, but thats just me. I need to wait...
  5. Noel102284

I have a bowfront as well so we will see how it does when it gets here.
  6. Noel102284

Auto Top off Container???

Why wouldn't you connect your RO unit directly to a float valve in your sump?
  7. Noel102284

Frag System Protein Skimmer...?

Thank you. I rather invest a little more in the beggining than having any regrets later. thanks for your input i will look into them.
  8. Noel102284

Thanks for the info on the over-skimming. I would still like some suggestions on skimmers. Anyone have a growout tank 150 gallons-ish that could recommend a good skimmer. Ive read that if I dont mind paying a bit, ReefOctopus is the way to go. Any comments, suggestions, ideas, opinions, appreciated.
  9. Noel102284

Just placed my order for 1 Flipper and 1 replacement blade. Hope it works as good as video. Dying to have a good scraper so I can get my glass spotless all the way down to the sand without having to stick half my body in the tank.
  10. Noel102284

did some research found it out (ZEO-dosing to replenish what is missing only.give or take).. thanks...
  11. Noel102284

What do you mean by a zeo systems?
  12. Noel102284

So in a "Grow-out System" I would want to "Over" Skim (not anything exaggerated, just more than enough to take care of the extra feeding for growth and the bio load). And in the "Finishing/re-Color" System I would still want to "Over" skim. (But I would not be feeding as much since I would be...
  13. Noel102284

Not really to concerned about the budget, just wanted the opinion of someone who has set up a frag/growout system.
  14. Noel102284

I am in the process of setting up a frag system. And I would like some suggestions preferably not from someone who works for a company that makes skimmers. I would like to know, is it possible to over-skim? The system I am setting up should be about 150 gallons. I know I can get one slightly...
  15. Noel102284

Harliquin Shrimp Care

Ive had one for about 6 months now and i just maintain sand sifting stars in the tank and he goes and grabs one whenever he feels like it.
  16. Noel102284

Bubble coral hurting...

Thank you all. Im going to try moving it to the sand, see how it goes.
  17. Noel102284

Bubble coral hurting...

I have a green bubble coral that seems to be hurting. I did a 20% water change 3 days ago. It seems to open very little on one side, but the other side dosn't open at all and looks like it is coming apart in small pieces. Im kind of a newb and i wanted any suggestions. My water is fine according...
  18. Noel102284

Powerhead Pump???

Everyone that I have asked has told me the vortech, but I am going to conceal the pumps behind my rock, so I figured I could save a little money and buy two regular submersible pumps and use them in my tank to create the flow.I just wanted to know which would be the most reliable pumps, so that...
  19. 1

swapped out caulerpa and cleaned refugium
  20. 4

swapped out caulerpa and cleaned refugium