Powerhead Pump???

Noel102284

I want to purchase two pumps to hide behind my rocks to increase my flow. Can anyone suggest the best pumps. Two main factors are $ obviously and size of pump (so i can hide it). I have a 92gal corner.

chipmunkofdoom2

What kind of flow do you have now? What's your setup like? They're a little expensive for my liking, but if you're looking for a small footprint with a lot of flow, the Vortechs certainly pack a punch, and they have very dispersed flow, so even large tanks usually only need one if appropriately sized. Koralias also have good dispersed flow, though they may be harder to hide.

Noel102284

Everyone that I have asked has told me the vortech, but I am going to conceal the pumps behind my rock, so I figured I could save a little money and buy two regular submersible pumps and use them in my tank to create the flow.I just wanted to know which would be the most reliable pumps, so that I wont have to remove the rocks in the case of any issues with the pumps. I currently have a Supreme Mag1200 as my return only.
Any suggestions appreciated...

DBrinson

I don't use powerheads, can't help you there. Don't need 'em, and don't want to give my inverts a stationary current to "lock onto".

If you are trying to eliminate "dead areas" I would highly recommend you look into using a Sea Swirl for your return from the Mag1200. You'll get much more from your existing pump in terms of circulation than you are getting now.