Bubble coral hurting...

Noel102284

I have a green bubble coral that seems to be hurting. I did a 20% water change 3 days ago. It seems to open very little on one side, but the other side dosn't open at all and looks like it is coming apart in small pieces. Im kind of a newb and i wanted any suggestions. My water is fine according to my tests and two stores. I was told to move it to the spot in the tank that has the least circulation? The only thing i recently changed was that i added chemipure and rowaphos, im not sure if this has anything to do with it ???

Paragon

I have had a bubble for about 6 months now, and they are a bit tempermental. The things I'd check... I think you're on the right path with water parameters. I would continue to do consistent water changes. I wouldn't be suprised if the bubble is more sensitive than your other corals. Bubbles don't require extremely high light levels, but are your bulbs getting old? Is there another coral nearby that is preying on the bubble? I agree that rather low flow seems to be preferred by the bubble. The only other item I can think of is feeding. Mine seems to prefer to feed at night.

Hope something in there helps,
Para

JulesVane

Where is your Bubble Coral placed in your aquarium? I've had one for a year that's doing great with the skeleton placed firmly in the sand. Just like my Elegance & Open Brain.

mine is doing fine with about 2 watts per gallon in a 125 reef. it randomly closes and opens when it feels like it though. if there are other corals around it they could be bothering it

I do have a pink bubble coral and mine did that when I first got is place it in the sand in low light and low current and also keep them away from other coral cuase at nite thus coral has stinging tentacle that can be as long as 3 to 4 inches, and try and keep it away from current leading to other corals it could be that your coral is stress if you say that it is tearing away from it's skeleton so try moving it in different areas of your tank and it will bubble up when the spot u pick is perfect!!! I had to move mine about six different place till it got it's bubble back!!! Hope that helps!!! good luk!!!