Search results

1. Mavjoy

Mav's Elos Mini

I finally picked up my Elos mini today at my LFS. I really felt like a kid again when I got it home..LOL. I got the whole set up except the lights. Everything looked great especially the tank...really like the low profile of the overflow box. All my remaining LS are still at the store and will...
  2. Mavjoy

Mavjoy's Illuminata

I've been wanting to upgrade to a bigger tank and finally got the chance to get a good deal with a Oceanic 57 gallon Illuminata RR tank. I was gonna do a 40B upgrade but 6 more gallons is not much difference. I'm slowly getting my things together for this tank. I'm using the same lights, pumps...
  3. Mavjoy

New pump for Tunze nano skimmer!!!

Saw this today and some of you might be interested..I know I am..lol. New pump for Tunze Nano Doc Protein skimmer | Reef Builders
  4. Mavjoy

Elos Omega Amino Acid Coral Food

Hi all, just wanted to know if anyone tried this stuff and if it's even worth it. Any links or article would be nice. Thanks!
  5. Mavjoy

Aquascaping ideas..good read

Nice info about aquascaping...:) Versión traducida de http://www.naclu2.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11:aquascaping&catid=4:numero-2
  6. Mavjoy

Awesome Price!!! time to upgrade?

I saw this add in BigAl's website http://www.bigalsonline.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=3684&siId=1846671&catParentID=44797&scId=44797. Is this an older version? 6 lunar lights compare to 4.
  7. Mavjoy

How many people have chaeto in their RSM?

I'm thinking of taking mine out to make room for my ATO unit. I've been getting great results but I'm also running Chemi pure, purigen and skimmer. I just want to have an idea of how many people uses cheato. Thanks.
  8. Mavjoy

Replacement return pump?

My return pump is making noise this morning and I think it's due for a new one. What is a good replacement besides the stock pumps. Thanks.
  9. Mavjoy

What fish do you have in your RSM? Pics please

Wassup guys, I'm still trying to decide on what fish to get to go with my maroon. I wanted to see what you guys have in your tanks. You can post pics so everyone can see and inverts are good too. Mavjoy
  10. Mavjoy

C-Balance 2 part recommended dosage

Hi guys, I have this additive just in case my calcium starts getting depleted and last time I check my CA was 400. I used my 2 part and added 1 ml for each part for the 1st time today. How much do you guys put daily or even weekly? I do bi-weekly WC with NSW.
  11. Mavjoy

4 line wrasse and a Maroon clown?

I recently purchased a 4 line wrasse to go with my Maroon clown. They are still checking themselves out and I'm worried that the 4 line my start picking on my maroon. The 4 line is bigger than my maroon and he is constantly daring my clown to do something. My clown is not backing down tho...
  12. Mavjoy

FS: 24" Nova Extreme T5HO lights...

I'm selling my 3 month old fixture and its in excellent condition. I still have the original box. The LEds work and no salt creep. Local pick up only please. I'm in the Bay Area(san jose). I'm selling it for $150 and also throwing in a used heater and a powerhead(excellent for WC purposes). I...
  13. Mavjoy

My Flower Pot..with pics

I have it hanging on one of the LR..seems to like it spot. Enjoy the pics.
  14. Mavjoy

MG level 1600? Is this safe?

First time testing my MG level with Elos test kit and it turn out to be 1600. Is this too high that might hurt my LS? I just recently did a WC last night and my CA is 480 and ALK is 7.
  15. Mavjoy

How often and how much WC on a RSM?

I just did a 4 gallon WC on my 3 week old RSM for the first time. How much do you guys do and how often? I used to do a 2 gallon weekly WC on my 10 gallon and I want to do maybe a bi/tri weekly WC on my RSM. I'm using natural sea water at the moment. Check on my tank's thread on how much LS I...
  16. Mavjoy

Good water jugs for getting ro/di or sea water

I've been using 2 gallon buckets to do my WC but wanted to upgrade to a 5 gallon container. I prefer to get a jug that has a screw lid so no chance of leaks. What do you guys use and where do you buy them? Thanks.
  17. Mavjoy

Extending the return pumps nozzle down...

Hi all, I've been thinking of extending the 2 return pumps nozzle down, 'cause my water level in the back chambers keeps going low every morning and it ends up spitting up air on the DT. I want to extend it a little bit. Is this safe for the pumps? No overheating? I want to use some clear...
  18. Mavjoy

Red shroom shriviling up..with PIC!

Red shroom closing up...looks cool..
  19. Mavjoy

FS: Current 24" Nova Extreme T5HO lights..3months old!

I'm taking down one of my tanks and selling this fixture for $150. Local pick up only!!! I live in the Bay Area(san jose). It's pretty much brand new and in good condition. Just PM me if you're interested. Thanks. I also have the original box.
  20. Mavjoy

Cyclop eeze freeze dried food..good for corals too?

Hi everyone, I just received a can of this stuff and wondering if anyone had any experience using this stuff for their fish and corals. I'm currently using DT's and flakes for all my LS. I don't feed that much(once a day for my fish and 1-2 times a week for my corals)no direct feeding neither...