What fish do you have in your RSM? Pics please

Mavjoy

Wassup guys,

I'm still trying to decide on what fish to get to go with my maroon. I wanted to see what you guys have in your tanks. You can post pics so everyone can see and inverts are good too.

Mavjoy

Mavjoy

Here's my one and only fish
12052008962.jpg

everyone calls him Nemo..LOL

Mavjoy

Now I have 2! I just bought a yellow coris wrasse. So far it's getting along with my maroon. It's hanging out on one of the caves. My maroon houses that cave at night, so I'll see what happens later. Pics coming later tonight.

My fishes:

My first ones:

1383176158_f18f824380_o.png

The yellow coris died recently when restarting my RSM. The other guy starved to death.

Very beautiful Royal Gramma, killed by the Yellow wrasse.

1460944862_51c9a7c09a_o.png

Delicate and elegant firefish : Killed by the Yellow wrasse.

2188668314_d27fbd5f06_o.png

Quite agressive dottyback... Again: Killed by the Yellow wrasse.

2409388044_00565368f9_o.png

Fast and furious Damsel : Survived the Yellow wrasse !

2408586335_04dabc29aa_o.png

funkpolice

???
how do you know it was the wrasse, and why didn't you get it out of the tank after the second death?
bill

Mavjoy

Are you sure it was the yellow coris wrasse? I did my research before getting this fish and so far all of them acknowledge it as a peaceful fish. Even my trusted LFS says it's a better choice than a 4 or 6 line wrasse in terms of its aggressiveness towards other fish. My 4 line picked on my maroon so out it went the next day for store credit..hehe. It's been a few hours since I put it in my tank and so far so good.

Mavjoy

Check my tank thread for the pics of the yellow coris wrasse. By the way laurent, quality of your pics are nice.

Varga: Yes, I purchase now all my livestock from Barrier Reef. Saltwater City is also very good.

Mavjoy: All my books and my local RSM recommended the Yellow wrasse as a "nice" and peaceful specie. But this individual was quite mean.

FunkPolice: The yellow coris never entered the fish trap. It is impossible to catch with a net: It burries itself in the sand. The second "wave" of fishes were supposed to be "tough" guys but the dottyback was not fast enough.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
My two Ocellaris with their second batch of eggs, that I'm aware of (close to hatching now):

Batch2b12_6_08.jpg

My Bryopsis algae eradicator - Foxface:

Foxface12_2_07.jpg

Diadem dottyback:

Dottyback2.jpg

My big Blackfinned Shrimp Goby (aka Bluespotted Shrimp Goby):

BSGobyR.jpg

His holiday greeting:

ScroogeGoby.jpg

Yellowtail damsel:

Yellowtail10_12_08.jpg

Pajama Cardinal (by the way - after I removed all of that coralline off the gate my flow in back really improved! :)

PajamaCardinal.jpg

My lawnmower blenny - RIP:

LMBlenny.jpg

I had the lawnmower over a year and a half, and he was eating dry flake & pellet and really plump. Then he quiclky lost weight and after that I never saw him again - CUC cleaned him up. A very comical fish, and he's missed. But since I've been overstocked for over a year I don't plan on replacing him. He never was very good at eating algae.

Mavjoy

Cool fishes you got there RM. Nice variety. I'm in a fish mode this week. I want to pick another one by the end of the week. One of my LFS just got some Blotched Anthias? They are suppose to be rare. I bet they're sooo pricey tho. My coris hides most of the time but I was able to see it when I went home for lunch. It's hiding again when I got home at 6 pm...hehe.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good point Dentoid. The Yellow Wrasse is typically called peaceful, but there are always exceptions to the rule. I've always considered the type of territory a fish will inhabit when getting my fish, and tried to avoid mixing types that will inhabit the same territory. As an example, I can't add another goby as I'm sure my big shrimp goby would not appreciate another bottom dwelling goby trying to share his caverns under my rock. I even try to avoid different fish having the same coloration. The only "quarrels" I ever have in my tank are between my yellow diadema dottyback and my yellowtail damsel, and I think it's because the two share yellow coloration. No harm done, but the dottyback will infrequently chase the damsel. And my big goby will chase away any fish that comes too close to his favorite cavern - just an open mouthed bluff, but it works well! And my clowns will often hassle any fish that gets too close to their favorite corner of the tank, especially when they're protecting eggs (expected). I've always researched contemplated fish to see what type of territory they'll inhabit, and tried to avoid adding more than one that will want the same territory in the tank. Difficult to do in a nano tank, but I've been pretty successful with this approach as I've never had any real problems with any of my fish physically doing any harm to each other. With one exception - I started out with 2 Pajama Cardinals, and after over a year of one being constantly harrassed and at times physically damaged by the other, the least aggressive one finally died, probably from stress. I think I must have had 2 males, and the one just couldn't tolerate the other.

Mavjoy

My LFS got 6 of the anthias but I'll pass and just wait 'til something better comes around. They're soo pricey too...hehe.