Search results

1. J

skimz sm201 FS

I'm breaking down my tank and need to sell. A few months old and skims like crazy. $350 plus shipping. Located in northwest suburbs of Chicago.
  2. J

I want your Zoanthid eating predators!!!!

I am looking for Sundial snails in particular! i have a nasty outbreak in my tank and am looking for a natural predator. i will not put in a fish so i am looking for these guys. I would pay for shipping if you have any please LMK!!!! here is a link of what they look like. sundial snails -...
  3. J

racoon butterfly fish thoughts.....

I am trying to get rid of the nasty brown zoanthids in my tank and i also noticed some aiptasia popping up so i figured i could "POSSIBLY" kill 2 birds with one beautiful fish. Just want to hear some opinions on the fish. i just want to make sure that my lps and clams wont get munced up in the...
  4. J

calcium reactor FS!!

OK i have a schuran jetstream 1 calcium reactor for sale. it also comes with an expensive co2 regulator. I have a 5lb co2 tank that will come with it if picked up locally, arlington heights ill 60004, otherwise i cannot ship it. i am asking $450 for local pickup with the co2 tank and $425...
  5. J

Bright Blue mushroom rocks FS!!!

I will get pics upon request. anyways i have 2 rocks covered with these shrooms, at least 30 on each rock. one of the rocks also has a few yumas on them and the other has a digi. i want to sell these rocks. if anyone is interested please LMK, here is a pic of the shrooms on the rock. thanks...
  6. J

Cmas Fragswap Feb 21!!!

Well i just wanted to let everyone know that Chicago Marine Aquarium Society is sponsoring another fragswap coming up soon!!! I would like to invite everyone here to make it!!! i know this is going to be a great event with a ton of people and even more corals!!! There will also be a...
  7. J

Huge Purple Polyp Birdsnest For Sale!!

this is a very nice birdsnest. I have no lineage and cannot say whether its a "Tubs" or not but it has a greenish skin and purple polyps. this colony is up high in my tank, i have the same colony lower in my tank and the green really stands out. the colony is probably about the size of a...
  8. J

Calling All Flatworm Exit Users!!!!

I would like to hear everyone's personal experiances. please explain what you did in detail PLEASE!! how bad was your infestation? did you siphon out as many as you could before using FE? how much did you dose? did you run carbon, if so how much? how big of a water change did you do and...
  9. J

Ponape Birdsnest frags & Purple Death frag FS!

LOCAL PICKUP ONLY, well for now at least!!! I have looked into shipping and unless someone really wants to pay for shipping on a single frag i'll do it but i'd rather do local first cause i can't guarantee shipping. purple death frag that has 2 adult polyps and 2 babies, can't get a great...
  10. J

Shipping Methods and Prices!?!?

Well recently i have had quite a few requests for frags from people around the country but in order for me to ship overnight to California for example it's $85!!! Am i missing something or is there a cheaper way to ship somehow. anybody with some tips or tricks for shipping please chime in...
  11. J

Purigen VS. Carbon

I would like the hear peoples opinions on these different products. please post experiences and why you like or dislike either product. Jake
  12. J

calc reactor problems........

well the pressure in my tank is fine, well here is the regulator i have. Choice CO2 Regulator | Green Leaf Aquariums so it seems to not want to create any bubbles in the counter. i unplugged the regulator for a day plugged it back in and it was fine. when i unplug it i can hear the...
  13. J

calcium reactor question!

I forget what to do if your calcium is too high and your dkh is too low, please help. do i adjust the flow slower??? i know there is an easy fix but i just can't think of it. thanks, Jake
  14. J

Mollies in a Reef tank...

Well i figured i'd give it a try and see what happens, im acclimating a gold one now. i would like to hear some other people who have tried this and the results. thanks for any info. Jake
  15. J

Tangs and algae?

When it comes to your normal everyday tangs, ie yellow, and yellow eye kole tangs are they picky when it comes to the algae they eat. will they eat anything or just specific algaes? thanks for the info in advance. Jake
  16. J

Mandarins Rising!!!

Well the last few days after lights out i've seen my male displaying for the female and tonight they showed the first signs out courtship. this went on for about 20 minutes and then finally i saw a cloud and they darted off. im not sure if this was a true spawn but i really have no idea what...
  17. J

What eats calupera?!?

are there any inverts that is this, crabs or snails or anything like that. thanks in advance. Jake
  18. J

sea hare care

Well i have been having a major algae issue in my tank and was wondering if anyone has had long term success with these guys. thanks for any info. Jake
  19. J

Ponape Birdsnest colony FS

I've had the colony for quite a while now and its really hard to get a good picture of but its sweet. its probably about 2 1/2 to 3 in diameter and has a TON of branches and new growth. considering the prices I've seen online for just a frag ($50-$75) of this beautiful coral im looking to get...
  20. J

FS Schuran Jetstream 1 Calcium Reactor!

I have a really nice calcium reactor FS. It works great but im just trying to cut down on the amount of things hooked up to my tank. it comes complete with everything you need to setup and start running. 10lb co2 tank is included. This unit is around 2 years old but sells new for $500+ and...