I want your Zoanthid eating predators!!!!

jski711

I am looking for Sundial snails in particular! i have a nasty outbreak in my tank and am looking for a natural predator. i will not put in a fish so i am looking for these guys. I would pay for shipping if you have any please LMK!!!! here is a link of what they look like.

sundial snails - Google Search

Corailline

No sundials, or zoanthids eating nudibranchs, but I would really to see a picture of your problem if you got one laying around.

Jeremy0322

2 things. Number one, what does a nasty outbreak of zoanthids actually look like, you have pictures? Number 2, you could actually make some money off of this depending on what type they are, have you considered selling them instead of getting rid of them?

jski711

We aren't talking about a tank full of purple death palys or bam bam zoas. These are just nasty brown and blah. I can't even give them away they are so sick looking. I'll post a pic tomorrow. So who has some sundial snails for me!

Corailline

Yeah well I figured that much. I had some plan greens that were over running my tank until a lovely episode of dinoflaggelates took most out. I just wanted to see a large coloney. Good luck with your aquiring your zoanthid preditors.

BigJay

lol, I know where your coming from Jski711. I bought a frag of a micro gorilla nipple and it exploded in the tank. They are ok looking but not in enough demand to warrant trying to frag the 100's if not 1000's occupying the tank.
You may want to try the local stores. They do occasionally show up and you can ask them to hold them for you. I would also look into the dormancy period though. I hate to think they pop back up on you 6 months later when you finally do add something.