Calling All Flatworm Exit Users!!!!

jski711

I would like to hear everyone's personal experiances. please explain what you did in detail PLEASE!!

how bad was your infestation?
did you siphon out as many as you could before using FE?
how much did you dose?
did you run carbon, if so how much?
how big of a water change did you do and when?
what if anything did it affect?

any other details i didn't think of please feel free to elaborate. as you can see i'm not a fan of putting meds in my tank so i am trying to get as much personal experiance i can before i take the plunge and dose it!!

thanks a bunch!!!!

Jake

P.S. Before somebody posts a link to melevs site, i've read it and just want to cover my bases and see what more than one person has done. :biker

rmlevasseur

I think you can find several good posts on this topic already.

I dosed my 180 with a full bottle a month ago. Results were fantastic. I followed the included instructions to a T, including siphoning out as many as possible when alive and as many dead bodies afterwards, followed by a waterchange and carbon dosing. I did a 40 gal WC and then another 40 gal WC three days later, and I ran half a 3.65l bottle of carbon.

The only negative thing is that it knocked my snails for a loop, and killed a few of my larger turbos. I'd take snails out if you can. I didn't have to do a follow up dose, but buy a double dose just in case. Didnt affect my fish or corals much. The were a little irritated, but back to 100% normal within a day.