1. prow

what do copepods eat?

algae, plankton, leftovers and even eachother:yummy:
  2. prow

SW VS. FW Fish

:welcomera to RS.......
  3. prow

SW VS. FW Fish

i think in general SW fish are more aggressive so i voted SW. but i have to say the meanest and most aggressive fish i have even seen in action is a FW fish, that would be the red devil (Amphilophus Labiatus).
  4. prow

Can't figure out why ph is low

SeaLover, have you tested your alk yet? ph is not a measure of your alk, it only tells us if the water is more basic or acidic, what the H+ is doing. get a alkalinity test kit, salifert test kits are good to use. i know i am the only one that asked about your alk and suggested alk could be your...
  5. prow

boomer you jump to conclusion about my posts. first i ask what his alk was. you assumed i was thinking alk controled ph with your following post. then i said alk effects the impact CO2 has, you jumped and assumed i was saying alk controls CO2 levels. the you went on to suggest i was saying alk...
  6. prow

double psot
  7. prow

Off-topic polls

:bluemad: ........ .........:bluemad: .
  8. prow

why you got to go and make me look things up, lol.. ok you you asked for it. these from here Chemistry and the Aquarium now shut up about it.........:D
  9. prow

Star Trek or Star Wars

sweet video nice find.
  10. prow

Chiller Suggestions

would it be possible to use a exaust tube with a fan to allow it to blow out a window? or would that be too much of an eye sore?
  11. prow

Star Trek or Star Wars

ok who would win a fight between ST and SW, it would have to be Enterprise vs Millenium Falcon~ the orignal enterprise that is. OR better yet~ Jedi vs Vulcan...........
  12. prow

Chiller Suggestions

i like jbj arctica chillers. very quiet and looks nice too. i used a 1/4 hp for my 115gal with a 45gal sump and it work nicely. now i have a 1/3 hp for my current tank 180gal with 2x 35gal sumps. the temp around here doesnt vary as much as it seems to around your area. i only need the cooling a...
  13. prow

why i think kalk is not a good option for you.
  14. prow

NO i did not say you need to drip kalk. that is just one thing that eatsup CO2. if you need to dose Ca+ and alk then dripping kalk may be an option, maybe. first read that link on low ph. if you dont have high enough Ca+/alk demands then kalk would not be a good choice, JMO. yes CO2 is that...
  15. prow

Star Trek or Star Wars

i loved that one. i was in san fran when it came out. i was in the loge section. the crowd went nuts when they landed in golden gate park. wrath of cone was pretty darn good too.