what do copepods eat?

Kevinj

Has been struck by the ban stick
from my experience they dont really need to be fed, they basically eat all the left over food and common junk in your tank.

LPS_Blasto

The copepod population in your tank will basically self regulate. They will reproduce to maximum population density in the tank and then some will die off. The tank can go through several cycles of overpopulation and die off before the population finds a happy medium. Established tanks will usually have a very stable population. Sometimes you can even have a sudden die off that will almost completely destroy the entire pop population. There are also amphipods and a zillion other little shrimp-like creatures that will find a home in your tank. I like them :hug1: It's cool to see a 1/2" copepod or amphipod kicking along in the water and settling on a rock or maybe spot one crawling on a rock and munching down on some algae. They are great cleaners for your tank.

Too bad they don't get big enough to eat. I'd be fat on pods!!!

:yup:

Witfull

they crawl from the tank at night and find your bed and nibble on inner ear wax as you sleep~

Basile

What do you think of PhytoPlex for increasing you population of pods.Someone gave me a bottle, to add to my tank a few drop every week he said. Good or bad.

PEMfish

This site don't make it real convention but you can;
Hit the quote button and copy all the text that appears. Go back to the thread and hit the quote button on another post, when the text box apears with the 2nd quote paste the first one above it.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Cheap Wal Mart shrimp pellets are a favorite of the denizens in the fuge. It's what Anthony Calfo recommends, and I tried it and it has proven to be very popular. I toss in a few pellets a couple times a week,

reefs reefs

Yea i have tried that bottle I think it works but it takes a long time I believe the best thing to do is to let them come naturally.

smkndrgn142

What do you think of PhytoPlex for increasing you population of pods.Someone gave me a bottle, to add to my tank a few drop every week he said. Good or bad.

I just started using it myself, not for my pods, but for spot feeding a couple corals. I also dose the tank once a week...it's only been a couple weeks, so we'll see what happens!