Star Trek or Star Wars

WHO'S THE BEST

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

framerguy

I went with Star Trek but am going farther to say Star Trek Next Generation. By far the best stories and characters IMO and I still watch them a lot.

It is difficult to beat the original Star Wars movie and The Empire Strikes Back though. They are both in my top 10 movies of all time and only Star Trek Wrath of Khan makes the list and it's in top 20.

Basile

i got both , All the series and movies; ST new and old, all its movies DS9 series, voyager and Enterprise series, All the SW movies in all the dam format, they came out in 5 different ones. So i'm sold on both genre. But i vote SW the first movie cause it revolutionised the way we see Sci-Fi. I was 14 when i saw it and never looked at Sci-Fi the same way after. The barr was set and all the others who follow where copy cats. And not worthy of it.

Intranick

anyone excited for the upcomming star wars movie?

i'mean c'mon... the guy who plays spock is the same guy that plays syler on heroes, what more needs to be said? :p

tektite

He looks like he'll be a good Spock, but I'm going to be thinking of Sylar the whole Star Trek movie, lol

prow

ok who would win a fight between ST and SW, it would have to be Enterprise vs Millenium Falcon~ the orignal enterprise that is.

OR better yet~ Jedi vs Vulcan...........

Intranick

that video is still around? it rocks!

and yes I meant the star trek movie. :p *prepares for his beating of the clue by four by ducking for cover*

Basile

Cool video; you know of course, with hyperdrive the Federation would have no chance, i mean look at voyager stuck for 75 years because they only change quadrant. Destroyer covers the galaxy in days even hours. Their shields are as good as ST. Plus the ships are 10 time bigger, we're talking kilometers here versus meters outch!! And of course the Death Star and all, Jedi too ; more than a match for the poor Klingons and Romulan,and the rest...

And i think my light saber is cooler than a phaser.LOL :scram:

Intranick

i would say the computer system on the enterprise is far more advanced, and the phasers much smarter. thats worth a lot, it would give the enterprise a huge strategic advantage

Basile

To make it through hyperspace without hitting any object they must have pretty sophisticate computers. Plus their's millions of droids who can interact with humans in SW. Data is unique in ST, more sophisticate i grant that ,but the fact that SW has more of them, proves they can rival computer technology. Even in a ST episode they talk about the superior technology it would take to make a Dyson sphere

Dyson sphere - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia = Death Star

Intranick

interesting, however im not getting that out of the definition of dysons spheres.

Im willing to bet a photon torpedo is more accurate than a proton torpedo and would easily find its way down the exhaust port.

There are no human like androids in star wars, and only one in star trek. Gene rodenberry just didnt do much with androids.

The whole warp field concept is far more sophisticated, and I would seriously doubt navagating through stars would mean their computers could rival the ones on star trek. It merely is a star map which could be held on a slow machine and uses math to calculate the best path by finding the path that puts you the farthest distance between stars. star trek would need the same system.

Star trek's computer is prolly also the equivilent of many many droids..

Basile

Your a Trekky all right , Peace bro, like i said i like both for different reason, live long and prosper, and may the force be with you.

Basile

Boy thats a close race! Hey where are all these Trekky funny disguised people we see all the time come on show yourselves, we starwars people make less of a fuss ove are costume LOL , just kidding, where is everybody, its raining nobody should outdoors:bluenod: