Zoafrag.com

seafansar

Big thumbs DOWN!!!! :down: :down: :down:

I ordered 17 zoa frags from them. What a waste of money. Some of them were repeats, they look exactly the same! None of them looked like what they were advertising, and most of the frags were tiny and dying. I've tried to contact them many times over a period of 2 months and got no response. :verymad: Oh and to add insult to injury, they added a bonus. A nice BROWN mushroom!

Since ordering from them they've taken everything off their website, so who knows, maybe they're going out of business. Hopefully! :rolleyes:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sorry to hear about your problems Sara. Hopefully they'll give you a more positive response soon.

seafansar

I doubt it. I've given up on them. Most of the frags I got from them are doing good now and have colored up some, but they are not what I ordered. I'm happy with about 4 of the 17. Two look like zoas I already have, one's just plain brown, a couple died, and the others are alright, but nothing special. I should take some pictures to show everyone what I got. I also saved all the photos from their website of what I ordered for comparison.

ScubaDrew

Says they are on vacation on the website - hopefully when they get back they'll fix ya up. You should def post all the photos of what you got compared to what you ordered.

seafansar

This is what I ordered...
z74_tomahawks.jpg
77_candy_apple_pink.jpg
5_orig_jackalzoas.jpg
453_VOLCANICS_PALYTHOAS.jpg
443_SUN_GODS_PALYTHOAS.jpg
442_SOUR_GREENS_PALYTHOAS.jpg
418_MACHINE_GUNS_ZOANTHIDS.jpg
414_BLUE_RING_ZOANTHIDS.jpg
413_BLUE_MARLIN_PALYTHOAS.jpg
399_PINK_COMETS_PALYTHOAS.jpg
291_DIRT_DEVIL_PALYTHOAS.jpg
271_LAVA_JACKALS_PALYTHOAS.jpg
197_WAR_FREAKS_PALYTHOAS.jpg
188_hermans_reds_zoanthids.jpg
187_envy_potion_palythoas.jpg
186_Devils_Armor_Palythoas.jpg
16_orig_icemanpaly.jpg

And this is what I got. I put all but the ones on large rocks on frag plugs. Most of them were only attached to tiny pieces of rubble.

The repeats.
P2190163.jpg

P2190164.jpg

P2190165.jpg

These actually look like the candy apple greens, but not nearly as vibrant as the ones in their photo.
P2190166.jpg

Only one polyp of these survived.
P2190167.jpg

The brown ones
P2190168.jpg

These are pretty cool.
P2190169.jpg

seafansar

Says they are on vacation on the website - hopefully when they get back they'll fix ya up. You should def post all the photos of what you got compared to what you ordered.

Oh, they go on "vacation" a lot! This is the first time they've taken down all their pictures though.

ZAPCOnj

kind of sounds like my experience with ebay vendor Piece of the reef. same thing. NICE pics. but what i got was a different story,

sorry to hear about your bad experience..

vdituri

I am very hesitant with photos online.
A lot of times the vendor has better actinics to make the coral glow and the colors pop.

seafansar

I should have known it was too good to be true. :maddown: I usually only get WYSIWYG corals online. One other exception was vivid aquaium, but those zoas and sps look exactly like the photos.

seafansar

I am very hesitant with photos online.
A lot of times the vendor has better actinics to make the coral glow and the colors pop.

But even if you put those under heavy actinics, they are not going to look like the photos! Most of the ones I got don't look anything like the photos and those 2 are just repeats. I wouldn't have been so mad if they even slightly resembled the photos, but they don't. Maybe 2 or 3 do, but the rest don't.

vdituri

I have read many places that people grow out frags under 10k lights for growth and 20k for color. Some of those zoos may brighten up under your lights.
Not a guarantee. Just a thoiught.

Adam Black

But even if you put those under heavy actinics, they are not going to look like the photos! Most of the ones I got don't look anything like the photos and those 2 are just repeats. I wouldn't have been so mad if they even slightly resembled the photos, but they don't. Maybe 2 or 3 do, but the rest don't.

Try these guys next time.....ExoticFrags.us

seafansar

wow 45 a poly for nuke greens and purple death. sheesh.

Haha...then they must be good! I've looked at that site before. They have some amazing stuff, but at least for their Greg Hiller stuff, you can actually just e-mail him and get the stuff for about a third of the price exoticfrags want. I e-mailed Greg Hiller once to see if he had a certain coral in stock thinking I would still have to buy it through exoticfrags. But he was really quick in responding and gave me a list of what he had and the prices.

I have read many places that people grow out frags under 10k lights for growth and 20k for color. Some of those zoos may brighten up under your lights.
Not a guarantee. Just a thoiught.
Good point. They all were vary pale and brown when I first got them. The pictures I took were after they had colored up for about 2 months. If I had actually gotten what I ordered, then that still seems like a recipe for disaster. No one wants to spend money unknowingly on browned out corals. It's like a guy I know who has some beautiful sps's, but the ones he sells, mainly online, are in his frag tank under horrible lighting and all browned out. I don't really think it's right for him to sell those expensive frags to people, show the pretty pictures form his display tank, and not tell them that the ones they're getting are all browned out. Maybe it's just me, but I like the instant gratification that I got what I ordered and not have to wait months later to watch it color up.

BigJay

My zoas don't seem to have the problem the SPS due as far as browning out from nutrient rich water. But I wonder if thats the problem. Frags being kept in water/lighting/tank thats not maintained well causing excess zooanthallae growth.

seafansar

Update:

Still have not heard anything from zoafrag.

I forgot to add before that I contacted BBB.org about the problems I was having trying to contact zoafrag. Two days later after my complaint to BBB, zoafrag just happened to go on "vacation." A few days after that, they took their inventory off their site. At that point they had 2 weeks to respond to BBB.

After a month the BBB closes any complaint, because they figure the problem should be solved by then or will not get resolved. Recently I received an e-mail notifying me that the BBB is closing the complaint due to the fact the the company did not respond. A week later zoafrag updated their site with new corals!

I just think it's funny how they just happen to get back from vacation and update their site right after the complaint was closed. I'm thinking of trying with BBB again, but they will probably just go on "vacation" again. :mad:

flricordia

That sucks. I have seen many other negs about them. Sorry you plaed an order with them. Hopefully pple will see that they sell crap and rip pple of and they will go out of business. Hopefully they will have a system crash and though it would be a shame to have the corals perish, they will suffer great financial lose. Wish there was a court system to prosecute rip-offs like zoafrags.
From the start of doing zoas I have heard nothing but neg about them.