YoungNemo's 80G Tank

youngnemo

Hi folks,

some of you might know me from the Red-Sea-Section.

[video=youtube;jdaEmC7vdDg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdaEmC7vdDg[/video]

After running this baby for exactly one year I've been upgrading to a 80g tank. I moved all the livestock from my old tank 24 hours after setting up the tank. Now it's been running for almost 6 weeks already.

Setup:
- 120x50x50cm
- 6x54 T5
- Vortech MP40W ES
- Tunze Silence (1073.020)
- H&S 150-F2001
- Tropic Marin React 500 Pelletreaktor

Livestock:
- Live Rock: 20kg
- Corals: 50% LPS / 40% SPS / 10% Others
- Invertebrates: 1x A. rubromaculatus / 2x Lysmata amboinensis / various snails / various hermit crabs
- Fish: 2x A. ocelliars / 4. A. leptacanthus / 2x C. loricula / 2x Z. flavescens / 1x P. hexataenia / 1x E. stigmatura / 2x N. decora

mjs9.jpg

Best regards
Kobe

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Awesome mate!! Tank looks really nice and good to hear the transition went smoothly too :yup: Are you dosing anything? And I'm assuming you're running biopellets in the reactor? :)
Definitely going to be tagging along and watching this tank :)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looks really nice with great color! Congrats on the upgrade.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Your RSM always looked great and you've done just as well with this one. Way to go!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Congrats on the UPgrade in tank size! Looks like it's doing AWESOME so far.
Thanks for starting a tank thread and sharing you new CORALization. FANTASTIC JOB :geekin:

youngnemo

Hi everybody,

thank you guys for the feedback! I really appreciate that :)

@Wrangy

Right now I do dosing daily CaCl2 x 2 H2O for Calcium + NaHCO3 for Alkalinity.

Here we go with a frontview:

Best regards,
Kobe

youngnemo

Hi everybody,

many thanks for the feedback! Here are some shots I just made under bluelight only:

jnus.jpg

k4gi.jpg

3ihf.jpg

mwqh.jpg

f4eb.jpg

74ly.jpg

qu5h.jpg

cu1b.jpg

Best regards,
Kobe

peakhunter

i love the song in the video on the first post. really describes how a reefer can feel about his/her tank lol :LOL: really nice looking tank.

youngnemo

Hi all,

I just wanted to keep you updated. This year wasn't really a good for me so far. I lost about 90% of all my LPS corals in January. What happend? We threw a birthday party at our place and had twentys-some people over. Before we going to sleep I set up an air freshener in the kitchen because I couldn't stand the smell of cigarettes... It turned out that the air freshener is pure poisin and the protein skimmer sucked all the stuff in and blew it straight into the tank.

Oh well, after almost two months the tank is back in good shape. I spent like another 400 bucks on new corals, but please take a look.

Cheers,
Kobe

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sorry to hear about that. It has been brought up before by Mike Johnson I believe, that those air fresheners are dangerous.

On a positive note, the new tank is looking great!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sorry to hear that mate!! :(
The tank looks fantastic though and I'm sure you'll have it back, better than ever in no time at all :)

youngnemo

Thank you guys! Yes, it was pretty hard and I was almost at the point to quit, but oh well... U know how it is!

Cheers,
Kobe

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thank you guys! Yes, it was pretty hard and I was almost at the point to quit, but oh well... U know how it is!

Cheers,
Kobe

Thanks for the warning on using air fresheners &
I, too, am sorry for your losses :(
I'm glad you didn't just give up on having a tank....the restoration of you tank looks real good so far.
It's so true that good things happen slow & bad things can happen fast in this hobby.