yorkieUK's 4ft Glass Box (170 ltr UK / 45 gal US)

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
You've sure got a huge swarm of pods!

Hi Mike :hallo:

I bought 100ml of Reef Soup and 100ml of mixed Copepods back in April.
The Reef Soup went straight in the water and the Copepods I injected into the liverock.
As I only have 5 fish and 3 shrimps in there that eat them, they have had a good chance to populate and multiply.
Have you seen the thread about my wrasse? I could do with some suggestions......:dunno:

:thumber:

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Tank is looking good and coming along very well mate :yup: Not sure what happened with your candy cane though? Any fluctuating levels/any out of whack for a little bit? Bit odd that that was the only one to go :(

I would avoid the carnation coral for a little while longer though. They are definitely not easy corals to care for even in the slightest. You can add one but like an anemone I would wait for about a year before you try another one as they do require well matured systems and a very specific level of care and location. They are also NPS (non-photosynthetic) corals which means that to survive they have to be feed to get their required energy for health and growth.

Here's a bit from Live Aquaria on some of their care and feeding requirements:
"It is extremely difficult to maintain in the reef aquarium, and should be housed in an established reef aquarium, by the more advanced marine aquarist. It requires low lighting combined with medium to strong water movement. It is necessary to have a constant current with an abundance of algal plankton. For continued good health, it will also require the addition of strontium, iodine, and other trace elements to the water.
It does not contain the symbiotic algae zooxanthellae. Therefore, its diet should include live, baby brine shrimp, micro-plankton, and other small foods designed for filter feeding invertebrates, in order to survive in the reef aquarium. These foods must be available almost constantly. Again, only expert aquarists should attempt to keep this coral.
"

Find a spot where you think one would do well as the above has suggested and then leave that spot free and clean so that when the time comes and you think that your tank is mature enough and that you have the right level of ability to be able to care for one 100% then add one of those beauties right in :) I'm sure you'll get there :) But I would give it a miss for a little while longer is all :)

Mr.Reeefer

Hi Mate,

Tank is looking great and good to see your enjoying yourself, I remember when you first started out, you've come a long way!!!

It hope your health Improves for you mate, take care and happy reefing

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
Hi Mate,

Tank is looking great and good to see your enjoying yourself, I remember when you first started out, you've come a long way!!!

It hope your health Improves for you mate, take care and happy reefing

Hi Brock,
Thanks for looking in on my progress.
I know my tank isn't as advanced as some others at six months, but I'm really happy to progress slowly. That was the best advice I was given early on, even before I bought my tank. I see too many trying to force nature along and failing just as quick.
I've added 5 Blue/Green Chromis and an Algae Blenny at the start of this month , keeping my livestock as non-aggressive. (All my stock is bought as juveniles and smaller than existing livestock so as not to upset the status quo.)
The Sea-Hare was the best purchase I've made to date, even-though I was a bit apprehensive after researching other peoples experiences with them. It really has eradicated any hair-algae and cyano. I keep it supplemented with lettuce and nori sheets or pellets. My next purchases will be some leather corals and hairy mushrooms, or some other hardy coral.
You and Gina seem to be enjoying the fishing. I also enjoy sea/beach fishing, but we don't have anything as nice as the yellowtail in the North Sea.
Wayne.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Yorkie Wayne :hallo:
How are your 5 Green Chromis doing? And the SeaHare?
You sure could use a picture update of your tank on your thread, sooo...
next time you are feeling froggy, jump on that :bigbounce:bouncer:

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
Hi Yorkie Wayne :hallo:
How are your 5 Green Chromis doing? And the SeaHare?
You sure could use a picture update of your tank on your thread, sooo...
next time you are feeling froggy, jump on that :bigbounce:bouncer:

Hi Di, it's good to hear from you.
As you know, my health hasn't been too good this year and I'm going back to hospital in a couple of weeks.
Unfortunately, I had to get a friend to call-in at my apartment to tend to my tank over the past few weeks and I've lost a few fish and a few corals. I was well enough to go to my LFS today and I've purchased a couple of Bangaii Cardinals and a Regal Tang.
In addition to that, I've also bought a Hairy Leather, a Green Neon Chalice frag, another one that I can't remember the name of, and a Feather Duster. I'm just drip-acclimatizing them now.
One thing though. I've seen a black and white bristle worm in my tank this morning and it seems to be hanging-out with my Pistol Shrimp.
I've checked it out on LionfishLair.com and it says to keep an eye on it, but doesn't say if I should leave it in or try to remove it?
As for the Chromis, Sea Hare and Algae Blenny, they are doing great. All my snails and crabs seem to be breeding as well. Lots of bambinos.
PS. Everyone should have a Sea Hare. Mine is so entertaining to watch.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great to see you posting on RS mate !!! Here's prayers & wishes for good health ! Glad your getting to where you can enjoy the tank & RS again !

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
Great to see you posting on RS mate !!! Here's prayers & wishes for good health ! Glad your getting to where you can enjoy the tank & RS again !

Cheers Glenn. It's nice to know my absence has been noticed.
RS has always been a good source of support since I joined it.
I'll be online when I can.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Looking forward to better days for you Yorkie Wayne! VERY SOON!!
Sounds like you have some exciting new additions....I think if I can find a SeaHare locally, you've about talked me into getting one. I only worry about them being rated as "expert only" ....that scares me :invisible

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
:dance:Hi Guys,:wave: I'm back again and no more hospital :fingerx:until next year. :woohoo:
:camera:Here is a few photos of the current state of my tank.
As always, all comments & suggestions are welcome.
:hug1:
abby032_zps9cdb9ec6.jpg
abby031_zps8c14931d.jpg
abby028_zpsd248eaa7.jpg
abby026_zpsd63ba1a4.jpg
abby027_zps41a13bf0.jpg
abby025_zps80c1ebd7.jpg
abby022_zps370f79a0.jpg
abby020_zps08ec44b4.jpg
abby021_zps1b62c76a.jpg
abby019_zps86496f36.jpg
abby008_zps597dd832.jpg
abby017_zpsbae3ff2b.jpg
abby016_zps0c547e86.jpg
abby007_zpse9fef8d5.jpg
abby005_zpscb0bfed9.jpg
abby012_zps64531d2f.jpg
abby012_zps64531d2f.jpg
abby002_zps69e29825.jpg
Aq069_zpsd9686bb7.jpg
Aq045_zpsbb05b637.jpg
Aq023_zps2306188b.jpg
Aq070_zps60161a11.jpg
abby038_zps2431529e.jpg
abby034_zpsa14d54bf.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Good UPDATE Yorkie Wayne :thumbup:
I really like the picture with the urchin & the Blenny, adorable!!
Glad you are doing better...Hope you check in more often, been missing You :)