Yet another question

jweisman54

:eek:verhere: So I looked at my tank this morning and now that most of the diatoms are gone, I now have green algae starting to grow on the glass. What to do!!!!:doh:

I am also seeing fish poop on the sand. Should I be siphoning that out?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Good info on the mag-float Glenn. I didn't know which one most people were using on their RSM tanks.

:thumber:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The NanoMag is a great little scraper. If I don't keep up with the scraping and get the tough green algae film, and coralline on the glass, I resort to one of these:

EZ Blade Attachment

It has to be super glued to a large Mag Float or similar, but nothing cuts through coralline on glass like a razor. Plus it keeps my arm out of the tank.

jweisman54

I have a large mag float and a small circular one to get my rounded corners. Have been using those all along. My snails seems to be cleaning the sand and my live rock really well, but they are not on my glass. Should I get a cuc fish?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
My cuc consist of snails... the fish I have selected are ones I really wanted... imo - I would not select a fish just for cuc help, unless I was in dire need of over run algae help & could not solve it

I would pick fish... I really want & if they happen to eat alage... like my beloved starry blenny does... well all the better :dance:

saltyjay

I bought 4 trochus snails and they are wonders!!!! Cleaned all my brown and green algae in three days!!! If they do not go somewhere you need them to go, ie the back glass, just pick them up and place them there and away they go!! facinating creatures!!!

jweisman54

I bought 4 trochus snails and they are wonders!!!! Cleaned all my brown and green algae in three days!!! If they do not go somewhere you need them to go, ie the back glass, just pick them up and place them there and away they go!! facinating creatures!!!

I will have to look into those snails. Thanks,

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
A little "off-topic" but kind of not . . .

Here's what I used on my 90g and I think I'll put it into my 130D this weekend
http://www.mag-flip.com/

It's got the "custom" metal blade but even the standard plastic blades do a GREAT job of even tough coralline. I may bring it here into my office and attack some OLD coralline that's grown on my 12g NanoCube just to be able to show how good it is.