Yet another newbie here!

Spurredon

Hello everyone!

Signed up here a couple of weeks ago and thought I should finally introduce myself.

I have been interested in setting up a reef system for quite a while but as a total beginner I feel I need to learn alot before I can feel confident enough to actually do it.

I have been following the forums here at Reef Sanctuary (as well as other similar forums on other sites - though RS is the best!!) and it is a great relief to have so many experienced reefers out there that are willing to take the time to share their knowledge (and not get annoyed at different newbies continuously asking the same questions!).

I will be moving apartments next year and will wait until then to make the plunge into the hobby. I was considering the RSM250 as a beginner-friendly option but having talked with several reefers as well as following the forums here I am steering towards setting up a 90G system.

I am going to take my time and learn as much as I can in the meantime. I don't want to rush into anything as my goal is to slowly but surely establish a beautiful coral reef system which is both appealing to the eyes and (more importantly) a comfortable environment for all the livestock.

I hope you will be as patient with me as you have been to all the other beginners that have joined the RS club.

BTW, if there are any reefers that are living in Korea (where I am based now)I would love to hear from you especially. Would be great to be able to keep in contact with other reefers living in Korea.

Long-winded introduction is over...........my apologies!

Spurredon

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Spurredon :welcomera to reefsanctuary, it's a great forum with lots of very nice members that are really knowledgeable & more than willing to helping in anyway, all you have to do is ask
745.gif

Also come visit us in the RSM owners forum here on RS - lots of RSM owners that are more than willing to answer any questions you have & support you in any way - a great resource !
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/

I love my RSM & consider it a beautiful piece of furniture in our home, a great selling point imo !!! My RSM AIO tank is my 1st swt & my tank is only three months old, but it is a great way to learn, RSM has designed a very nice system and the proof is my coral & fish are thriving and crystal clear, thanks to it's design & this forum & it's members tips & support!

From the Red Sea Max website, I extracted the below... they have proven the lightening will support the following...

In long-term tests we conducted on the MAX in our laboratory, the system proved capable of supporting all soft corals (Sarcophyton sp., Lobophytum sp., Sinularia sp., Xenia; Cladiella sp., etc.), all LPSs (Large Polyp Scleractinia, like Euphyllia sp., Plerogyra sp., Nemenzophyllia sp., Trachphyllia sp., Caulestra sp., etc.), some SPSs (Small Polyp Scleractinia, such as Stylophora sp. and Seriatopora), sea anemones, all types of crustacean (cleaner shrimps, peppermint shrimps, hermit crabs, scarlet hermit crabs), sea stars and giant clams (Tridacna sp.)

Also check out the RSM Full Tank Shots - lots of beautiful tanks
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/37227-full-tank-rsm-photos.html

lcstorc

Welcome to RS!
You are off to a great start in the hobby. The most important things are time and research and you obviously have that under control.
I love my 90g tank and think it is a great tank to start with. Big enough to play around with but not big enough to be a royal pain.
Whatever you decide, I am sure you will have a great time reefing.

Hello and welcome!

I too, have a 90g tank that im setting up at the moment. I love the way the 250 looks but i think i would like to have more room in the tank. Whatever you decide on, im sure youll have a great time with it.

Spurredon

Thanks for the kind welcome.

I love the look of the rsm250 but would really like to get something a little bigger. I do not want to spent that much on the rsm and then regret not having a bigger system. I think 90G is the way to go. The only thing that worries me is assembling and maintaining the system in working order - I do not have a clue about plumbing, pipes and fittings, etc.:dunce: Everyone seems to be a professional plumber on these forums!

Spurredon

Spurredon

Hello and welcome!

I too, have a 90g tank that im setting up at the moment. I love the way the 250 looks but i think i would like to have more room in the tank. Whatever you decide on, im sure youll have a great time with it.

What kind of livestock are you thinking about?