Year old bare bottom tank got sand

fishhead

I've got a 60 gallon tank that used to be bare bottom for about a year not put 40 pounds of sand in it. It is 4 feet long but just a foot front to back. Right now I have six small fish. There is a Phosban reactor Carbon reactor chiller reef octopus SRO 1000 skimmer in the sump and a biopellet Reactor. It is moving about six to seven hundred gallons an hour through the overflow. How many fish do you think I can get away with? Right now there's too baby clowns also there are 2 baby clowns a fairy wrasse that not yet big, a cleaner wrasse, a six line wrasse, an algae blenny, a yellow clown goby and a couple of cleaner shrimp.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

fishhead

Sorry I meant to say I have just added 40 pounds of sand to it

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great to see you posting on RS - post us some pics ! I have a 66 gallon tank and I would guess depending on how often you do wc / maintenance, you are getting up there with fish :nessie:

see what others think...

fishhead

Great to see you posting on RS - post us some pics ! I have a 66 gallon tank and I would guess depending on how often you do wc / maintenance, you are getting up there with fish :nessie:

see what others think...
1c65f7c61db917bc49ddfebe60dbe7f2.jpg

rostervandross

Im looking forward to getting a clown goby, they are cool. What do wrasses do? Do they have a particular duty in your tank?

fishhead

Well, the cleaner wrasse cleans the fish. The six line wrasse was first fish and cleans a little, the fairy wrasse is just pretty, graceful and very nice to all.