Yarr's 100G Reef Project

Yarr

ok, my LFS FINALLY got in some decent LR.. i bought 20 kg of it which was pretty much all he had. that is about 45lb, I have spread it between my 2 tanks so it is all good. Some nice pieces in there including a quite large flat piece which makes a good base to rest other things on. Another load like that and id be almost happy with the LR situation.

Sump and everything else has been put on hold due to money constraints and due to the fact that i have to pay for my holiday for hawaii :D

Yarr

indeed. hawaii aquarium here i come!

my sister lives over there so we are going to tgo stay with them. should be a great trip :) a month of non army stuff.. no ordering ppl around.. not getting told off.. no mud.. PT.. guns.. patrols or armoured vehicles.. wooO!

Too bad you dont live in Hawaii Doni :D

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Yeah, too bad for me :(

That's great that you have someone to stay with! Huge savings! Wow.. an entire month.... sweeeet~ You better get your camera fixed before you leave :p

Yarr

A quick update.

We got another lot of LR today. its all in there and both tanks are looking good :) I'll let them both go through their mini cycle and settle then il can start stocking and whatnot. Although that will pretty much be after i had done my sump project.

I have pretty much decided on what skimmer i want.. it is rated to a system of 3000L so it should only be a slight overkilL! mwaha. When i order ti and it arrives i can then work out what other pumps and what plumbing i will need then i can get the sump made and drilled for the inlets for it.

WHen that is done and i have enclosed the tank frame and the skimmer housing ( it is too tall to sit under the tank stand ) i can then start immediately into my lighting project.. whilst the momentum ( that is SO spelt wrong ) of spending cash is going :)

I WIll apologise again to everyone that is remotely interested for not having pics up. th camera is definately on the to do list but other things have to come first. it is pretty hectic here.

Anyhoot.. thats it for now.

Craig Manoukian

Great stuff Yarr, now cowboy up and post some photos! Can't wait to "see" your project because in it sounds very well conceived and thought out. :thumbup:

Yarr

Craig. yeh im good at fooling the masses. Ill get pics up and you will see only a goldfish in a glass of dirty water :D

Doni, you can come help me with my work if u want :D

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hummm.... I think you can handle plumbing a gold fish glass by yourself.... just tilt and pour :p

Yarr

New stuff coming lotsa pics and new tanks and sumps and skimmers and stuff WOoOoOO!!!

Yarr

4ft will now be the sump. 6ft ( 100 gal ) will now be the smallest tank.. and probably the new tank will be 180 gal.. maybe a 240 if i can get it for the right price. also if my new skimmer is up to it with rom to spare still :D

Yarr

Right!

im almost set.. big adventures headed my way

new 180 gal tank on its way..

10,800 L/hour external pump on its way..

skimmer in my loungeroom

building stand in the next few days

making 4ft tank into sump in the next few days..

spending money at the plumbing shop in the next few days..

oh.. and got my new digi camera

one last thing.. im broke!@

Yarr

Thanks all. I took a few pics today with my new camera.. i will take soem more and get em ready to upload tomorrow hopefully... I wanr now though. the tank is well crowded since adding most of the other rock from the 4ft into it. What i couldnt fit in is in the bathtub :D

Yarr

Ok, here is the next dilema....

Getting the existing 100 gal tank drilled. I cant get it done in place here so i have to take it to them.. which means i need to empty everything out. store all the livestock for a deal of time and get it done.. problem is that they glass may break and id need to get a new piece put in.. bah!

In the meantime though. I am also getting the outlet drilled in the sump for the return pump ( external ) I just need to find otu what size fitting it is and how high it sits.

Things are progressing. but it is really annoying living where i do. The glass panels i got made for the baffles in the sump where cut too large so they had to go back and get shaved. I will pick them back up today and start fitting them.