wow check this out!!

cindyp

"I thought con-artistry wasn't possible anymore" wow someone needs to get up on current events. unfortunatly there's more liars cheats and con artists then there are fish in the sea and that's really sad...
oh Rogain does work! disclaimer.stop use and all hair falls out!!!
the little blue pill yep! disclaimer .watch for **@$%# lasting more than 4 day's
the mouli absolutly!( it slices! it dices! it even jullianns! disclaimer will rust over time.
:jester:

Reddog170

I must apologize cindy. I meant nothing against you at all. How ever I will be looking for your results of trying this thing out. As for me, I am soaking wet( hose came loose doing a wter change) and feeling quite dumb, yellow and blue umm well make green. I did nopt have green water it was kinda yellow but the atinics made it look green. We all make mistakes. So it is possible that you are the only one getting the best thing for our reefs. Shaun

cindyp

Thanks Shaun, I did want opinions about this this I never expected to be attack for it. but live and let live life is full of mistakes:white:

BigJay

I don't think anyone was attacking you. The one thing you can count on most of the time here on RS is people giving you the truth. Why there just isn't any monetary gain on the part of the forum members. There is always some bias as people tend to recomend products they use even if they haven't tried any others.
Seriously if you felt I offended you in anyway I apologize. I was merely speaking on the weakness all pet keepers have and when people who run cons spot weaknesses they exploit them.

Last edited:

cindyp

I know Jay I'm not that easily offended . no biggie like I said earlier I also have my doubts and its not about short cuts either. my main concerns about my tank is I feel water quality and lighting is the two most important things to a healthy reef so when I ran across this I have to admit I got a little excited. well one day someone will build a better mouse trap! have a great day!!

Octoman

I'm just thinking why is this company giving a 30 day free trial and a 6 month or your money back.

Be careful, make sure you understand all the terms of the trial and money-back offer. The way many of these companies work is by getting you on a technicality that forces you to buy their product. If they already have your card info, they can charge for the full price and then you would have to fight (or sue) to get your money back.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Cindy regardless of how it works (or doesn't) you can't be faulted to wanting and trying something that could help your water quality and over all health of your tank.

Caveat emptor

Buyer Beware
:)

Vulf

Isn't a DI system, the well understood producer of the purest water, taking ions/ionization OUT of the water to make it pure? Yeah, it does and it's a well explained and tested practice.

So, why would you want a product that claims to ionize your water...? :/

BLAKEJOHN

Isn't a DI system, the well understood producer of the purest water, taking ions/ionization OUT of the water to make it pure? Yeah, it does and it's a well explained and tested practice.

I was thinking the same thing myself.

cindyp

Well its a long story so i'll try and make it short several months ago we purchased an R/O unit well being a dumb newbie we didn't get the DI part duh! so not realizing why I was having a ha out break started checking anything and everything come to find out the hard way I might add that there were still traces of phosphate in the water I am using so I decided not to get into the phosphate and reactor mess and see if there was something I could use until I am able to buy an R/O DI unit and nip all this in the bud once and for all. so we have been looking into a DI to use with the R/O we already have rather than start over and buy the whole thing but on the other hand the R/O unit we bought takes 2 days to make 16 gallons so putting the deionizer on it will probably take it a week to make 16 gallons but in the meantime I bought lfs R/O DI and did a major water change and added one heluva new cuc .I was hoping to find somthin to help me and my tank out until I get my taxes back then I will go out and get the best d**n R/O DI that I can............whhhhheeew:banghead: this really is the short version of the story it has absolutly is that spelled right? nothing to do with being lazy I love my tank and only want the best for it.by the way I also bought a socalled top of the line expensive light and well I'm on my second one in 3 weeks. the new lights on backorder until april...sometimes no matter how hard we all try there's gremlins hard at work trying to mess us up.Thank you thats all for now beat_dead_horse

Vulf

Well... Uhm, I wasn't trying to get you all upset about it, I apologize for that.

I was just trying to figure out what the appeal of the item was, and I do, I get it. I mean, c'mon, trying something new isn't a bad thing, or a bad thing to do. Honestly, at least you are trying to do SOMETHING instead of letting it go to rot. I know a few people like that...

Uhm, so in short... Uh, good luck! :)

wonderloss

The DI system removes ions from tap water, but that is because many of the ions in tap water are undesirable, such as phosphate. However, saltwater is full of ions. Mostly sodium and chloride, but there are many others. Those are desirable, in fact essential, ions for aquarium health. In other words, ions in general are not good or bad. Specific ions can be good or bad.

This is not a defense of the product. It sounds like BS to me. I just wanted to clarify things about ions.

cindyp

Well... Uhm, I wasn't trying to get you all upset about it, I apologize for that.

I was just trying to figure out what the appeal of the item was, and I do, I get it. I mean, c'mon, trying something new isn't a bad thing, or a bad thing to do. Honestly, at least you are trying to do SOMETHING instead of letting it go to rot. I know a few people like that...

Uhm, so in short... Uh, good luck! :)
OH I'm not upset just the opposite all's great! this Item was just a shot in the dark chance to buy a little time. I live past the boonies that way far out! so going to the lsf is a days event but I think I will do it instead of keeping this poc everyone here has the same opinion and that holds a lot of weight with me. uncle Sam will be coming thru soon and I'll get all this straighten out.
it true sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the BUG!this time I was the BUG...BUT LIFE IS GREAT AND MY TANK LOOKS AWESOME!!!!:tongue:

cindyp

okay guy's update I got the p.o.j wednesday installed it figured what the heck I have it so heres what I have noticed so far before this thing I was dumping the skimmer 1-2 times daily now it hasn't been dumped since wednesday and is still less than half full feeding habits haven't changed. today is friday 6:19am the tank is crystal clear but it was before the installation of the p.o.j .I will test today and see if anything has changed in that dept.

cindyp

Ok here's the results of the tests
ammonia 0
nitrate 0
nitrite 0
PH 8-2
Calcium 480
Salinity 1.025
Temp 75.9
Phosphate 0 for the 1st time but keep in mind last saturday I changed 20 gallons of water with R/O DI so that could be why my phosphates are finally 0 may not be due to the p.o.j but I have no clue why the skimmer is not filling up so fast as I mentioned earlier I was dumpin it 1-2 times daily as of now I have not dumped since wednesday. but the tank looks beautiful the fish and corals are growing and full of color. No more hair algae dark red and pink coraline growing nicely this could be due to me the reef keeper!! honk !honk!:thumbup:

cindyp

ok here I am with an update I'm probably talkin to myself but thats no problem I have some of the best conversations that way :colorful:
ok here it go's to put it nicely the eco what ever is a POJ the 0 phosphate earlier must have been due to the water change. the tank has always been crystal clear so no change there all my tests are still right on which they were before the POJ. the one thing I have noticed without a dought is this thing spits out junk into the water after say 3 weeks of use they claim it only needs cleaning every 6 months or so.. that maybe thats why my elegance coral has closed up along with my zoa HMM ..moral of the story if it sounds to good to be true it IS!!!! so I am sending the POJ back today register certified and insured. Thanks guy's you were right all along...;)

lcstorc

Sorry you had such a bad experience but I hope you get your money back at least.
I was relying on second and third hand info about it before so in a way it is nice to know someone who actually did try it. Now I know that not only is it useless, it is potentially harmful.
If you don't mind, put a review in the product review section to help others find it easily.
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/reviewpost/