wow check this out!!

prow

i dont know about that. i would need to see how and what its doing. simply breaking bonds doesnt fly with me. the testing they note are not tests at all. they report results based on an observation nothing else, no real testing or studies were done that support their claims, at least i did not see any on their site. boomer might have insight on this or know more about it. this is the first time i have heard this.

DaveK

Of course it's not true.

Generally if a product or method has at least some value, it will quickly be adopted by many reefkeepers and there will be plenty of copycat products out very quickly.

Besides checking out other sites there are several "red flags" on their own site.

They make claims that go against general accepted methods of keeping aquariums.

They make claims that are scientifically impossible and use a bunch of scientific terms in an attempt to confuse you rather than explain.

They show no before and after results.

They use a lot of testimonials to sell the product.

They sell only that single product.

Now any of these taken by itself doesn't indicate a problem, but when you see a host of them, look out.

It does NOT work, trust me, been there done that! Cancel your order. I saw no change in anything, not even clearer water as it claims. Save yourself some time that way you wont have to bother with trying to get your money back & shipping it back, b/c you will.

chipmunkofdoom2

Yeah, if it truly worked they way they say it does, then every aquarium in the world would have one. I'm sure you're not the first to get suckered into this scam, but bear in mind companies hire people whose jobs it is to advertise products in a way that will get them sold. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

The big issue with this thing (or anything shady like it, diet pills, "male enhancement" pills, workout machines, etc) is that the cost to performance ratio does not add up. They're giving you a miracle in reef keeping for less than $100? I doubt it. They could sell it for thousands if their claims were verifiable truth, because a unit that does all that they claim it can would be worth thousands. The problem is there IS no proof that it works because it DOESN'T work, so nobody would be able to charge that much for it.

It's the same thing with those ab/workout machines. If you could really get a body like the guy hocking it in the commercial by working out 10 minutes a day, 3 times a week, all for just $39.99 plus shipping and handling, do you really think there'd be any fat people left in the world? No, of course not. Ronnie Coleman did not become 8 time Mr. Olympia winner by working out 10 minutes a day, 3 times a week.. at contest time, he is in the gym for an average of 2 hours EVERY DAY.

A little off topic.. sorry, haha. I know it sounds cliche, but the point is there are no free lunches, you can't have your cake and eat it too, there's no such thing as magic, yada yada yada, the list goes on and on.

cindyp

not another person swooped in by the easy way out. short cuts get you no where. didnt your mom and dad teach you that
Don't be a silly boy!!!! I've never used a short cut in my life and looking for a short cut is not the point!!!@! after all if you never try you never know I 'm sure there where people that said telephone that'll never work!!I like the pony express!! I trust the the folks here and what they have to say about this product however it's not gonna cost to try. closed minds never go anywhere..................

Luukosian

Its not one of those "don't know until you try" cases. The whole concept is based on junk science. Buying their product is just validating the existence of such a company.

I don't have to buy the magnets that go on your ear that make you quit smoking to realize its not going to work(unless by placebo effect).....

Reddog170

well I have just read every link in this page and come to one conclusion.. What a load of hog!@$@. I agree if it was hlaf as good as they say then why is it so cheap. In a freshwater aquarium it MIGHT do something, no idea what though. But this is just my opinion. I will look forward to what cindyp has to say about it after trying it. Shaun

BigJay

. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

The big issue with this thing (or anything shady like it, diet pills, "male enhancement" pills, workout machines, etc) is that the cost to performance ratio does not add up.

The problem is there IS no proof that it works because it DOESN'T work, so nobody would be able to charge that much for it.

If you could really get a body like the guy hocking it in the commercial by working out 10 minutes a day, 3 times a week, all for just $39.99 plus shipping and handling, do you really think there'd be any fat people left in the world? .

A little off topic.. sorry, haha. I know it sounds cliche, but the point is there are no free lunches, you can't have your cake and eat it too, there's no such thing as magic, yada yada yada, the list goes on and on.

umm Amen, amen , amen , amen and to the last paragraph amen x's 3.

Sucks that there are still people out there willing to make a quick buck while steam rolling their customers. Snake oil salesman have been around since we started walking upright. Certain groups of people are easier to sucker in the others. One of the easiest is pet people. The simple reason.. they care whole heartedly for their animals and are willing to try anything to give them a better life. Its like a trojan horse.. they are attacking you where your defenses are already down.

cindyp

ya know guy's I just happened to run across this thing. I'm not here to pitch this product I don't know if it works from all I've read and heard it probably is a P.O.J . I'm just thinking why is this company giving a 30 day free trial and a 6 month or your money back. I find that odd if it is junk but then again it probably is junk and another place on the web I was reading they said it was best new product of the year?? 2002 so it will be here by thursday and I'll try it. but my tank is already crystal clear and after uping my cuc no algae either so I'm not sure how I could see a differance anyway.:bluenod:

cindyp

Ok maybe when it gets here I should just send it back and not even open it.I was by no means trying to make this a stone throwing contest.and yes I am a pet person 3 dogs and 3 tank's and yes I do anything and everything I can to give them the best life possible so I guess That makes me a sucker.
than I'm A PROUD SUCKER!!

chipmunkofdoom2

Hahahahah, just found this link. They dissect one and it's nothing more than weak magnets held on a tube with electrical tape. And here I thought con-artistry wasn't possible anymore.

cindyp

Chip your link didn't work but I saw what you are talking about was it the one with the graphs and they only used a ten gallon tank? there was also one that said this thing was first used and produced by N.A.S.A or maybe it was S.A.A.N(suckers available all night)