Would You Give Away Cheato?

tbittner

$10 is VERY reasonable. Don't let that person rent space in your head. You aren't doing a thing wrong. :)

jackfrost

I would give it away.

Kindness, even in the face of rudness is good thing.

Rather than going down the path of "make him pay", think that he may return the favor to someone else in the future.

I know that he may not have been polite about it, but I personaly would give it away, even so.

If not,..then another day will come and your non the better or worse.:wave:

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
There are capitalists and there are philanthropists. Decide for yourself which category you fit into. There is nothing wrong with either, however they frequently butt-heads.

JOSEPHLB

Just ignore people like that.
There are always people that will try to get "something for nothing" in every hobby around.

They will often ridicule newbies and pressure them into dropping their prices.. use scare tactics.. intimidation, etc...

spanglish

Hey, I'm getting overrun with chaeto. How much (what size baggie)
is worth $5.00?
I have a couple of nanos that I frag stuff in that I just let chaeto
float in (kindof a fuge within the tank) and it doubles in size every
week.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I just use the "Regular" sandwich baggies. I don't know what the "correct term" for them is.

Tangtastic

If somebody called me up demanding I give it to them for free... I wouldn't do it even if I had chaeto growing out my #@%!! Those are the people that go to a restaurant, order a meal... eat the whole thing and then pull out a hair and stick it in the last bite and demand their money back. Tell him the price went up to $30. See how he likes that!

This is an expensive hobby and there is absolutely nothing wrong with selling off something you have an abundance of for a fair price.

spanglish

I just use the "Regular" sandwich baggies. I don't know what the "correct term" for them is.

Hey Al, I've enjoyed reading your posts for a long time. Are
you "the" Big Al that I see ads for aquarium related products from?

That was poorly written.

I think I remember that you are in the business.
Is your business called "Big Al's"?:invisible

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
:bugout:

That's not the "Kare"-bear way.

Perhaps we should change your name to Grumpybear!:lol: Joking!

mps9506

After reading what the guy is up to I thought, sounds funny him wanting it for free considering the money he's willing to shell out to start up a 180.
Stick to your guns and charge the $10.
If a newbie in my area was trying to set up a tank and hurting for money i would still charge them. If things are so bad you can't afford chaeto maybe you shouldn't be setting up a tank then. I see poor people here in the south living in these trailer shamble homes with cars that have $500 a pop rims on them. I wouldn't buy them gas now would i? LOL!
Please don't read what i said and judge me. I do a lot of charity work for those who need it.

I was thinking the same thing Frankie. If you can't afford the $10 for some macro algae, this might not be the right hobby. Nothing against those that are looking for ways to save money in this hobby (we all do to some extent), but it is not a cheap hobby. If it was some high school kid trying to piece together a 30 gallon tank I would reconsider, but an grown adult trying to build a 180 needs to spend there time doing better things than guilt you to save $10....

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
...If it was some high school kid trying to piece together a 30 gallon tank I would reconsider, but an grown adult trying to build a 180 needs to spend there time doing better things than guilt you to save $10....
Exactly! It's not about the $10 but about the principles and circumstances. Sounds more like he's just being plain "cheap" and not very respectful. I give away cheato.. I mean really it's Cheato.... but if I am selling it and that same person was giving attitude about it I'd charge $50 take it or leave it. :)