Wooster 200 Gallon Progress

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Are you feeding that tank? IF so, what? Sorry, but I can't remember if you're using ro/di or not there...

-check bulbs age (they gradually shift to the nusiance algae loving spectrum of red)
-reduce any po4 additions (food, tap water, non-ro/di soaked carbon, some additives, etc.); soak all foods in ro/di prior to feeding
-remove po4 (polyfilter, phosban, rowaphos, siphoning cyno out, siphon diterus, clean skimmer, etc.)
-check nitrAte levels

I wish I had room for a phosban reactor under my tank; I would sure set one up!

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Woodstock said:
Are you feeding that tank? IF so, what? Sorry, but I can't remember if you're using ro/di or not there...

-check bulbs age (they gradually shift to the nusiance algae loving spectrum of red)
-reduce any po4 additions (food, tap water, non-ro/di soaked carbon, some additives, etc.); soak all foods in ro/di prior to feeding
-remove po4 (polyfilter, phosban, rowaphos, siphoning cyno out, siphon diterus, clean skimmer, etc.)
-check nitrAte levels

I wish I had room for a phosban reactor under my tank; I would sure set one up!

Thanks Woody! :thumbup: I will tell you what I have been doing.
-bulbs have been running since July.
-I am feeding the tank with mysis shrimp only.
-Not adding anything to the tank (did have carbon in the sump but took it out months ago.)
-I am using ro/di water but not soaking food in it.
-will be getting a some polyfilters to put in the sump.
-I will check the nitrAte levels and get back to you on that one.
-Will have to look into a phosban reactor...not sure on room either!

Let me know what you think! :thumbup:

Cheers!
:rollingey

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Okay. Rinse the mysis in a small net before feeding and make sure you're not overfeeding (don't use the 'juice' it's packaged in). Skimmer? Carbon is a wonderful thing, use it :)

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Woodstock said:
Just asking if you are using one... is it clean and working properly?

Yes have 2 of them running...but I have had problems with the main one the last couple of days. It has an air outlet at the bottom which allows air to enter and creat the bubbles. I have unclogged it the last couple of days. Not sure how long it may have been like that Wednesday night. The other skimmer's cup was really full. That may be the problem too. How did I forget to mention that?

Cheers!
:thumbup:

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Updates finally! Well after an very nasty bout with cyano I have finally got the tank back to normal. The palyothoas are recovering and as are some of the other corals. We lost all our halimedia...Sorry Woody...I will replace it.

I will be having students using their fish/invert lists to come up with items to put in the tank. I will be pushing them to post on RS for questions. They had to research their choices and they did a fine job with that.

Hey Craig? Did you have a sally lightfoot in your tank? I found (I am pretty confident it was one) dead in the tank on Tuesday. Let me know!

Some pics for everyone...

Cheers!
:thumbup:

Attachments

• sch21006 001.JPG
    sch21006 001.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 65
  • sch21006 002.JPG
    sch21006 002.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 65

Craig Manoukian

No sally lightfoot crab noticed over three years in my tank. Crabs are very hard to find sometimes so you never know.

Wow, the PJ Cardinaal looks great as well as the Damsel. They look like they have grown a bit. How is the smaller PJ? How about a closer pic of them fishes?

1shot1kill

too bad your the wooster in reno i live like 20 mins from the wooster in ohio would have been cool to see this tank. :(

GSMguy

too bad indeed i am also in wooster ohio and i moved out of reno nv 3 years ago. well best of luck to you great thread love to watch the setup and the result

Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian said:
No sally lightfoot crab noticed over three years in my tank. Crabs are very hard to find sometimes so you never know.

Wow, the PJ Cardinal looks great as well as the Damsel. They look like they have grown a bit. How is the smaller PJ? How about a closer pic of them fishes?

Roger, you der?

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Yes Craig! I am doing stuff with the tank....I am about to the living things and will be hitting the tank hard...will have students posting their fish and invert lists for advice...I know I keep saying it....Not moving like I wanted but I have been "feeling" out how I can make it fit.

Thanks for "nudging" me a bit
....:)

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Thanks Witty! Are these spitballs from Star Wars? :rolleyes: sith spitballs...hummm

Tank is still doing fine...I will try to post some pictures for all of you. It will have much happening now that I am in an area of the semester that is condusive to more use of the tank! :thumbup:

Cheers!
:)

Gina

RS STAFF
Rougiem said:
Tank is still doing fine...I will try to post some pictures for all of you. It will have much happening now that I am in an area of the semester that is condusive to more use of the tank! :thumbup:

Cheers! [/B] :)

Looking forward to it!

SoliSteve

Rougiem said:
I had one student that wants to do her senior project on it (I would be happy to share what that is with anyone)! Perfect!

As VP/Director of Scholarships and Fundraising of MASNA, I'd love to read what your student has written. I'd also like to share it with the other MASNA Board Members. This is exactly the type of enthusiasm that we are trying to generate from "young explorers"!!

Thanks much in advance for sharing!