~Woody's 120 Escapade~

bluespotjawfish

If the only damage was the orange skunk clown you controlled yourself very nicely. Can't wait! Promise that your heater doesn't explode on Tuesday ok?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
u gonna try and get them to become a couple??????
Yes. Petunia awaits him. I hope she likes him :look:

If the only damage was the orange skunk clown you controlled yourself very nicely. Can't wait! Promise that your heater doesn't explode on Tuesday ok?
I PROMISE! ...I have mucho faith in my ebo/jager heaters!

Yep, I did very good. The lady kept asking "Is that all you care to order today?" I bit my tongue a few times ;)

Jorgens

Good Luck shipping Wood!! It's snowing like nuts up here. Cold as hell too. Was supposed to warm up later this week like in the 50s (heat wave for WI). Either way good luck and pics I'm sure are a must?? eh?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Doni, I predict you are going to fall in love with your Blue Spot. Big, expressive, puppy-dog eyes. Beautiful fish.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks guys! :)

Here is the acrylic kalkwasser reservoir that Billyr98 made for me. This 120 evaporates a lot of water - 2.25-2.5 gallons per day :eek: I wish I had room for a 20 gal top off.
Icecap430wiring005.jpg

Tonight I installed the dual T5's and almost finished with the two MH when my cordless screwdriver went dead. I'll finish tomorrow :)
The T5's are working great! :dance:
It is impossible to tell from the pics below but these skinny lights lit my entire garage (2 car)!! I was amazed at how much light they produce! They are BRIGHT and very BLUE! :thumbup:

Icecap430wiring007.jpg

Icecap430wiring008.jpg

bluespotjawfish

Sweet. My evaporation rate has gone through the roof 2-3 gallons a day as well. I only got a 7 gallon bucket, so will be increasing that soon. :thumber:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
  • dual 250 SE MH (approx 8" from water's surface), spider reflector - polished aluminum, powered by ICECAP ballasts
  • dual 48" T5 (approx 5" from water's surface),URI actinics, SLR individual parabolic reflectors, powered by electronic ICEcap ballast
  • 3 computer fans (90 mm) (which I need to figure out how to wire!)
And of course PICS!!! :)

Removing the film from the MH Spider reflector
RemovingtheplasticcoveroftheMHSpide.jpg

Heat shrink tubing for all splices/joints in the wires
Heatshrinktubingforwires.jpg

The wire clips I used to keep wires tidy inside the canopy
CanopyWiringclips.jpg

The split-flex tubing I used to keep the wires tidy outside the canopy
Splitflextubingforwires.jpg

Are BRASS screws okay to use for the MH spider reflectors????
Brassscrews-MHSpiderreflector.jpg

The lights secured and waiting for the fans to be installed :)
Icecap430wiring013.jpg

lcstorc

Great work as always. I can't wait to see the new pics with the new lights. Don't keep us in suspense too long please.

blue_eyes53813

Doni, Im so glad that Live aquaria didnt ship out your blue spot. i am awaiting some anthias that my lfs ordered for me a couple weeks ago (From madison WI), He said No stores in Madison received any deliveries. All airport were shut down and all livestock (if any) would be stranded in the airport... Live aquaria made a very wise choice.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I'll get pics later today :)

Blue_eyes, yikes! That must be a major snow storm! I am glad my little Chiquita is safe :D

Snelly, PM'd ya..

bluespotjawfish

You make light setups look easy. I will have that project this year sometime. Not sure what I will setup. I will incorporate my existing VHOs and add some type of MH, but I think I need to start with a new canopy.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
You make light setups look easy. I will have that project this year sometime. Not sure what I will setup. I will incorporate my existing VHOs and add some type of MH, but I think I need to start with a new canopy.

It is easy :) You'll have fun! :dance:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
The canopy is READY!!

Okay. It is finished :D

The canopy is retrofitted and 'jump proof' now. I am waiting for the strong men to wake up so they can put it on the tank :dance:

I used 'gutter gaurd'. It is easy to cut and work with! We'll see how if "Chiquita" can get out of this!!
JumpProof001.jpg

JumpProof002.jpg

I offset the MH Spider Reflectors by 3/4" with wood pieces. This should allow for more air flow (ie cooler lights) behind them.
Canopylightingpics004.jpg

Here is how Dallas piggybacked the fans into through one transformer
Canopylightingpics003.jpg