~Woody's 120 Escapade~

tompbgod

Hi my girl friend and I are completely amazed with your fish, iv been looking at your web pages and forums for like 4 days now and going, and hope to order a clown from you soon!
Anyway your tank looks great keep up the good work!

Will subscribe, and post on your following content !!!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hi my girl friend and I are completely amazed with your fish, iv been looking at your web pages and forums for like 4 days now and going, and hope to order a clown from you soon!
Anyway your tank looks great keep up the good work!

Will subscribe, and post on your following content !!!

I am glad you are finding them interesting!
Feel free to offer constructive critisism :) There is always room for improvement!
TIP: If you create an account at Doni's Reef, Inc. and select 'newsletter', you will be sure to receive the emails I send out each time I add fish to the store. I upload new fish every weekend so if you do not see a pattern you love, just wait another week :)

swimmer4uus

I'd love to see how the new Anemone is doing. Really, your tank is what I consider as close to perfect as we can get. Well, the pictures at least. I know there's some maitenence that mush come with it.
I have a couple questions, hopefully you can answer them real quick or give me an idea where in this thread the answers are. When did you introduce your nem, relative to introducing the corals? I remember some time back skimming through this novel, but not to any specifics in particular. Also, if you introduced the nem after everything else, did you have any issues with it roaming and stinging some of the coral? This is the original nem you had in, but could also pertain to your new ones.

Thanks

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thank you for the kind words :)
Every anemone that I've had roamed at one time or another. Controlling their walk-abouts are required ;) Keeping the flow, lighting, parameters and feedings to their liking is imperative to keeping them stationary. Even then, they could still roam :rolleyes:

I sold my huge purple S. haddoni to a local reefer with a GInormous reef and got several S. giganteas. Only one blue gigantea remains as the other two melted away :( :(

swimmer4uus

So for you personally, which one do you like better? Once you get it down I'm sure it is easier, but which one do you think was harder to keep?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I recommend BT (quadricolor) anemones.
Most are tank raised clones, clowns readily accept them as hosts, they come in beautiful colors, are hardy, and they split!

The most difficult are S. giganteas and I discourage getting them.

swimmer4uus

I recommend BT (quadricolor) anemones.
Most are tank raised clones, clowns readily accept them as hosts, they come in beautiful colors, are hardy, and they split!

The most difficult are S. giganteas and I discourage getting them.

Yes, but they aren't Carpets! I would prefer to find ones that are Aquacultured, but as we know carpets aren't. I wish someone would do some research on that, as way too many are caught, and die off in the hobby.

swimmer4uus

Re: Update!!

200907022.jpg

What happened to this guy?

vdf8ball

Hi Doni, my name is Virgil. I'm new to reefing and am currently building up a 125 reef. I'm still researching and collecting equipment so I've yet to put water in the tank. I'm learning a great deal from threads like yours and BigAl07.Thank you ever so much for sharing. I'm still reading through yours as I'm only on page 87 where I just read that you lost "Moe" and your Blue Spot (name slips me) in the same day. Felt SO bad that I had to tell you so. Still reading though and anticipating that things get better again as I go along. I'm building a list of questions for you. Some are being answered as I read along though. One day I'll reach the end and send bunches. My thread would start shortly thereafter. Thanks again. ;-)

Virgil

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Youngreefer - I've not had a chance to take photos yet, sorry! I hope to sson though :)

vdf8ball - Thanks for your condolences :) Just let me know the questions you have and also be sure to let us have the link to YOUR chronicle when you create it!

hma

just stopping in for a short visit and to say " Hi Doni Marie, how are you? Hope all is well?" :hallo:
:flower: