Woodstock's 90 gallon

lcstorc

Beautiful!
You make me so jealous. :)
I love the color. Those are way cool.

Someday. Someday. My tank will get there. :)

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Wow that's a baby Goni ? It looks like a colony to me :lol:
Love the Ric never seen one that color before...Is it really that dark or is it just the camera ?

Witfull

i wish i had my true orange. i lost all of mine when i had the ich outbreak. still trying to get some more. the ever elusive hunt, i love it~

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
As most of you know, my powder blue tang was chewing on my brain. I decided on a lfs to take the PBT to and got a purple. I really, really miss my PBT :(

Here are a few pics...

Actinic shot of the very unhappy brain due to the PBT chewing on it;
09272006picked-onbrainActinics.jpg

Here it is today (several days after removing the PBT);
10022006openbrain.jpg

And here is my new purple tang. I have my yellow tang in the sump for now. I do not like the purple.... for some reason I can't 'bond' with it :rolleyes:
purpletang10022006.jpg

blue_eyes53813

I have a trap too.. They work GREAT. when i moved all my fish out of my old 125 gallon. It only took me 20 minutes to catch about 20 fish.. Great item

KimPossible

I just caught up on your thread.
Your husbandry skills are phenomenal.
Your purple carpet is gorgeous :drool:
I love the rescaping and the slide show was terrific.
Too bad on the PBT, it sure was pretty.
Are you still happy with your sand bed? It's about 3 mo. old now, correct?
Do you stir what you can get to while doing a water change, or just relying on sand critters?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
:hallo: Hey Kim! Thank you for the kind comments. I still miss my PBT :(

Yep, I still love my sand bed! I am not sure of its age...I'll have to check my log book at home. I do not stir it but instead rely on cucumber, nassarius, ceriths, hermits, etc to turn it for me. I will SOMETIMES (maybe once every few months) stir just the top 1/2" during a water change but it is really not neccessary. It has super duper NNR (natural nitrAte reduction) properties that keep my trAtes 0-5ppm (max).

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Doni you've got a beautiful brain...lol
Yeah the colors of the purple don't jump out at ya like the PBT, did you ever think of trading for another PBT ?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
LOL... thanks robert :D

Actually, I thought about going FO .... :rolleyes: No, I didn't think to get another powder blue. This was the 2nd I've tried and both have eaten corals then were taken back to a LFS :(