Woodstock's 90 gallon

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
The purple carpet is doing awesome! It is about 12" in diameter and eats like a pig!

Also, for those of you following my thread, I have a follow up story regarding the pair of black saddle backs that killed my blue carpet. As you know, I removed them from my reef and took them to a LFS. I visited that store last weekend (as usual ;) ) and was asked to help trap/remove the same pair of clowns from their large display tank. Apparently, they didn't take me seriously when I told them the clowns were anemone killers! The clowns were doing the same thing to their huge green carpet anemone that they did with my blue... they were going in/out of its mouth stressing the it very badly. I loaned them my fish trap and within a few days they had captured both! Fortunately, their carpet is rocovering well. It is a good thing they removed the clowns when they did!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I did notice them 'nipping' the tenticles but the majority of the damage is done internally. Both clowns go in and out of the mouth of anemones.. both dart in (sometimes at the same time) and disappear :( They do it constantly.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Awesome carpet Doni! love the color. Its so dark purple. Id like some of that pom pom you have pm me a $? Its a gift to a friend.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
LOL Blue_eyes.... they need a whoppin ;)

Frankie; thanks! Come by and I'll give you several stalks!! :D

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Rescaped!

It all started with moving one rock 4 hours ago! LOL! I wanted to move one rock away from the purple carpet... so I did... then it didn't look right so I moved another... and another... and another... :smirk: 4 hours later the ENTIRE tank is rescaped!! I lost the valley in the middle but gained a lot of caves! I'll get pics soon :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
Doni i would love to come by but im so jambed with work! how about i send you a check for your troubles? you name the price!
Thats pretty funny about your rock too btw! i have that same problem. My wife gets nervous everytime i go in there thinking im going to be trashing the house again.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks Booze :)

I will not get more clowns. I will keep the pair of true percs that I've had for a while and that's all. I've seen the male in the purple carpet but they usually stay in one of the euphyllia colonies or the goniopora.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Here are a few pics I took yesterday ...

purple carpet
083006purplecarpet.jpg

Top down view
083006topview-purplecarpet.jpg

Some of the caves look like dark areas in the photos :/ So it is difficult to see the depth of them. The fish REALLY enjoy exploring their new maze of hiding places.

Left side of tank
083006leftside.jpg

Middle
083006tankpic17.jpg

Right side .... Try to find my new small blue carpet anemone!!
083006rightside.jpg