White Tang for Sale

I have a white tang for sale very healthy eating and doing well this a very rare fish asking $800

reefpics2069.jpg

DaveK

Actually the fish is a comparatively rare color variation of a yellow tang, so your not too far off. Sometimes these are known as koi tangs.

While the term "albino" is used, they don't seem to be true albinos.

steved13

PREMIUM
Frank...you may be only half right..from the article you linked to:

"However, the remarkable series of photos below taken off Maui by Victoria Martocci clearly shows that the white patches on one Yellow Tang grew larger over a period of years, eventually covering the entire fish. This seems to indicate that the white patches might be caused by a disease rather than by genetic mutation, at least in some cases. As usual, "More research is needed." "

sick lol far from it its due to mutation tang id very strong eats very well been alive long time sick fish do not live long lol

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yeah, there doesn't look like there is anything unhealthy about that guy......has he "whitened" more in your care?

Frankie

RS STAFF
Yeah, I read it, but that was just about that one particular fish.
Not all albino fish will loose there color like that. This particular one was sick from the pictures near the end. If I am not mistaken, these fish only come from the Hawaiian islands.

I'll do a search for more if you like but google is free :D

I was first to learn about these from David Saxby's tank http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLRubZGWXiY&feature=related

angnak

Wow. I have never heard of those. I need an all white one to go with my black tang. I am wondering the same as PSU4ME, has he gotten more white in your care? How long have you had him? Why are you wanting to get rid of him?

Frankie

RS STAFF
I can see his markings are quite beautiful from that picture. I would love to see the face without the actinic though. For that much $$ you should post a shot that used a flash to show the details of the fish. Or shine some 10k down on him.

Great fish! :thumbup: Yellow tangs are one of my favorite fish.