Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Wrasses-1 Blenny-3 Bartlett's Anthias

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hello,

Unfortunately there are not any fish that will "school" in the aquarium. There are many fish that will shoal though.
IMO Damsels and Chromis are not the best choice for shoaling fish. They can get aggressive and they just to not add the personality that many other fish can.

I really like the Blue Eyed/Longspine cardinalfish.
lg_1015081-129.jpg

Another thing to consider would be dartfish. I think that a small group of these sweet little fish would look nice:

lg-71146-purple-firefish.jpg

I also like the idea of a harem of flasher wrasses. One male and two or three females. These fish add so much color to a tank, and display many different color patterns. But you will need to keep the tank covered to prevent them from jumping out.

I would steer clear of any tangs. You could keep a smaller tang in a 65, but the small space would likely lead to aggression.

~Michael
Nice post Michael. :thumbup:
The cardinal fish are a great choice for a group of fish. I also like the clear ones.
Unfortunately the fire fish will not stay together for long once they become comfortable. I have tried and it took me over a year to catch all of them once they went on their own. I still have one in the sump ;)
If you want fish to group in a salt water tank you need a large tank with a few aggressors to keep them scho, ah um shoaling! ;)

Basile

If you want fish to group in a salt water tank you need a large tank with a few aggressors to keep them scho, ah um shoaling!

With the 5 Chromis i'm thinking 2 Bartlett's Anthias for insentive, what do you think.

I have 7 Green Chromis that school (shoal, what ever) pretty good in my tank... the 440+ gallon
The fish shoal to form a school.

cioutlaw

I have 6 green Chromis(was 7) & the only time they school is when startled. For the most part they are spread out & occasionally group together. They are a nice small fish that add color & movement to a tank. Personally I like a group of yellow Tangs but this isn't feasible in your tank or most others either.

naperenterprise

Are they in one of your big tanks?
Mine are always together, I counted 8 in all. They do sleep in different spots, but they are always together.
I have 6 green Chromis(was 7) & the only time they school is when startled. For the most part they are spread out & occasionally group together. They are a nice small fish that add color & movement to a tank. Personally I like a group of yellow Tangs but this isn't feasible in your tank or most others either.

Mya

I got 2 chromis. Pete and Re-Pete. They go everywhere together. Even sleep close to each other. I have 2 clowns that also seem to stick together pretty well too. But nothing like the chromis do.

The Chromis ran into hiding after the camera flash blinded them. The clowns are never scared or shy. They are the beasts of the tank.