• Marine Environment 2 part

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • Bio-Sea

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Other (please specify below...)

Votes: 56 8.1%

• Total voters

ScottT1980

Thanks Craig, I will have to look into it although I do have some personal issues with, well, you know. Have you found a fairly cheap retailer/distributor for this stuff?

Thanks
Scott T.

Last edited:

dwall174

IO for me!

I just noticed that the last couple of batches of IO I got had a higher Ca level than before, I think they may have raised their Ca since Oceanic Salt came out! I had thought of switching to Tropic Marin before but I can’t get it locally!

Spooda420

I used to use IO but made the switch to Oceanic becuse of the higher CA levels, and PA delivered it for less than 80% of the LFSs price. cant beat that. I like because it disolves so fast and I can use it in about 8 hrs of aeration and mixing.

I made the switch because IO is 160g and oceaninc is 200g at a lower price..

cleartank

You are lucky on the Oceanic, I made a through one container and part of a bucket before quitting because of brown slimy algae. That was last winter.

alice_curiouser

I've used (and liked) Instant Ocean from the beginning, but after getting a 50-gallon "sample" bag of Seachem's new Reef Salt at MACNA, I'm going to give it a try. From what I've read, it has a better CA, and I have always been happy with other Seachem products I've tried.

BoomerD

I used IO for 20 yrs. No problems with it, other than low calcium. I know a few people who have gone to a 50/50 mix of IO and Oceanic, and they seem to offset the other's weaknesses...So far, the reports have been favorable.

docklink

I've used Oceanic since starting (~1 1/2 years). I've been considering switching as I've had difficulty maintaing Alkalinity. Has anybody else had that problem? I've nothing to judge by, unfortunately. Otherwise, it seems to have done well (certainly mixes easily).

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Oceanic is high in Ca and Magnesium but low in alkalinity. An easy fix IMO and much better than some of the other salts that are low in several things. I simply add an alk buffer as needed.

forestal

no controlled studies done or anything, just my own experiences, so don't want to down talk anyone:
but seemed crystal seas mix had high Ca/low alk....

kent: low both and slow mixing

IO: fast mixing, and maintains my alk well, and supplement with calcium when needed

Shells

With my first tank I used I.O.
My second tank, which is the tank i have now I switched mid
stream to Marine Envirnment 2part.

I love the ease of mixing. My coraline algae seems to grow
before my eyes after a water change. The water is
crystal clear. My PH is stablized where before with the I.O.
it would fluctuate too much. My calcium levels are much
higher. (which is why my coraline does so well, thats my
opinion)

cant say enough good stuff ...:flower:

Craig Manoukian

Shells said:
With my first tank I used I.O.
My second tank, which is the tank i have now I switched mid
stream to Marine Envirnment 2part.

I love the ease of mixing. My coraline algae seems to grow
before my eyes after a water change. The water is
crystal clear. My PH is stablized where before with the I.O.
it would fluctuate too much. My calcium levels are much
higher. (which is why my coraline does so well, thats my
opinion)

cant say enough good stuff ...:flower:

Wow, another person completely satisfied with Marine Environment 2 Part salt! Rougiem is also having great luck with that salt.

cleartank

I too switched to Marine Environment 2 Part salt after talking salt with the owner of the company who was able to solve the problems I was having with Oceanic and IO.

snaz

Kent Marine salt,
I use it because every time I pull out my 5 gallon bucket full of test kits, and test my water.......... (10 hours later) :time: every thing looks good; except for my calcium levels LOL. Man,,, I wish I could afford a calcium reactor. :drooool:

Brad