What's your favourite fish and why?

sheavens

Just a fun topic to find out what the top marine aquarist's fish is.
My vote goes to my two clowns, they are just so silly (I guess that's why they are called clown fish).
I have 2 BT anemones and 2 toadstool corals in my DT, and where do the clowns live? You guessed it in the corals! They behave like they are anemones giving them protection and flit between the toadstools, never going more than a few inches away. I can't believe that these fish can survive in the wild! But every time I see them doing their thing it brings a smile to my face.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
In my main display, I love my starry blenny. He interacts the most with me and is a nut. In my nano, I love my clown. He loves to come to the surface, open top and huddle there, sticking his nose out of the water while I talk to him. They are all my favorites though.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
It's TOO HARD to pick a favorite. I L:heart:VE ALL 5 of my fish :D
My clowns love each other & play in their terra cotta clay pot. They eat from my hand :)
My Dwarf Cherub Angel swims beautifully in, out & around my rockscape, so fun to watch.
My Golden Midas Blenny is 1st to greet me & 1st to hop in his bed when the lights go off, he's funny!
& my newest fish has only been in my tank for a few days...a Royal Gramma: so BRIGHT & BEAUTIFUL, wish I could have a dozen of them. Sorry, I can't decide on just one :D:heart::fishy::heart::fishy2::ponder2:

DaveK

My personal favorite is a spotted hawk. They are not as colorful as some other fish, but they have a lot going for them. They are very easy to keep, and have lots of personality. Since they don't have a swim bladder, they usually perch themselves on a rock some place, and the pattern and color makes them almost blend it. This is where the get their other common name, coral guard. They always seem to be watching and seem to take an interest in what is going on outside the tank. They eat just about anything, and this can include shrimp and crabs you may have. Usually, you can't keep things like that with a hawk. They are also one of the few fish with a tasseled dorsal fin.

jsgarrido

i love this fishes they play with each other and swim together.
jsgarrido-albums-my-reef-tank-picture24696-dscn2422.JPG

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
False perc clowns. They have alot of personality(some evil), and are the reason i got into SW to begin with. My wife watched Finding Nemo, asked what it would take to keep Nemo, and thus began my transition from FW to SW(now fully complete). I dont Do FW anymore, and i have a pair of False perc's in each of my 2 tanks. I want a pair of black clowns, but im afraid my wife wont allow it. I may order a pair, and claim a shopping cart error caused their arrival. but that will have to wait till i get my new RR 75 going(end of summer probably).

jsgarrido

nice i also started out with some really nice oranda goldfish but when i move to my new house i gave them alway to my dad who has a 75 gal tank they are still healthy and big. but my clowns are the fish that i started with when i bought my 55 gal tank this clowns are fat and love each other but the are not hosting my anemone i guess they dont need a house yet :swmfish:
jsgarrido-albums-my-reef-tank-picture24700-dscn2424.JPG