What's up everybody This hobby is amazing

Reefer1981

I only got to enjoy a reef tank for 6 months before I lost it all in the hurricane in Maryland I got a great deal off craiglist. It was a 58 gallon full reef mostly Lps a fist size clam. I had read about the saltwater hobby for like 2 years before I finally seen the beauty in this hobby. We had to move out of our house do to the flood. We ate now settled again and I'm ready to get a tank going. Anyone out there know about AI SOLs. I like everything I seen with those LEDs. My question is would I need 3 AI modules for a tank that is 36x18 46 gal bowfront. The tank will be mostly Lps and some sps also a clam or two. Really wanted to get a 75 gallon. Just don't have the room. Thanks for any help or info

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
welcome! i dont know much about your light situation.. i do know that dif coral need dif lighting, if you know what you want in the tank thats a good start to answering your question.

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
wel21_e0.gif

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Welcome!

I'm running 4 of those units on a 150 tall that is 48 X 24 X 30. I really don't think you can get away 2 of them in a tank 36" if that is what you were considering.

Four of them across 48" gives me full coverage of the entire tank. So I'm thinking that 3 would be just what the Dr. ordered. The nice thing about them is you can very easily just buy 2 and see how they look then add the 3rd if needed. I would love to see a pic once you have them up.