what powerhead should i put in my red sea 130 -

Kop211

i have read that I should replace (one is out anyway) my red sea max 130 return power heads with somthing with more flow. Anyone know what works best and is not to expensive.
thanks

ausreef

i replaced mine with 2x eheim compact 600's but im sure the maxijets are more powerful but the eheims are silent

megrim

Leave them be and place a Vortech MP10 for additional flow, you won't regret it.

+1

After adding a lifereef overflow and sump I found I started getting a lot of micro bubble issues. I found that turning off one of the return pumps has helped - bubbles aren't being pulled through into the display.

Without the MP10 I wouldn't have been able to do this, the flow it provides is amazing and with one stock pump off I'm able to turn the Vortech to much higher power without creating a whirlpool ^_^

I picked up a used RSM 130 recently as well. Upon further inspection, one of the return pumps puts out stronger flow than the other. As others have suggested, I'm keeping them in there for now and placing another powerhead on the right hand side. I'm not willing to dish out the cash for an MP10 right now, so I'm just going to put in a Koralia 2 that I have laying around for now. It will have plenty of flow to get the tank going, but of course, its not a Vortech. I plan on using the stock returns to keep my surface not looking like an oil slick, and directing them towards the water line. I'll use the Koralia for flow through the tank. Any powerhead will work, just make sure you get enough flow going through there.