What kind of Crab to get?

kathya0321

So my 14 gal Bio Cube has been up and running since March. I just finished battling a cyano outbreak. At this point I have 3 narcissus snails, 2 Conch's and 3 Marguerita (maybe 2) I found an empty shell. I am thinking about adding a couple to crabs to help clean up the sand and any leftover food. Any idea's which would be the best, I have corals, so do not want any that will pick at them. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Johnson

The most reef safe crab is the Scarlet Hermit Crab. It is also one of a very few critters that will eat hair algae and diatoms.

gbose

I have a couple of porcelain crabs and anemone crabs -- v. cool and they haven't disturbed my corals...

Snid

I like my Emerald Crabs. They are fairly reef safe as long as they have plenty to eat. Mine haven't bothered anyone else unless they crossed into their space, they usually just give a little nip which sends the intruder on the way. The other day one of mine was sitting under a Mexican Turbo while it just grazed away on the LR.

Coraljunkie

i had an emerald crab that ate my mandarin, it latched onto it while it was sleeping and just went to town on it

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Love snail for cuc most crabs eat snails

My favorite crab... ;)

crab.jpg

but read this thread... and then decide - it contains lots of pro & con opinions
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/general-reef-aquarium-discussion/11718-crabs-evil-society.html