What Fish?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
YEP, the dwarf Angels are all very colorful fish & I L:heart:VE all of them.
But there's a chance that they will become coral or clam nippers :frown:
I have a dewarf Cherub Angel and he has never nipped any of my corals that I've ever noticed. Never had a clam & not going to try adding one cause he might think it tastes pretty good :yummy:

Pat24601

I love the orange-back fairy wrasse, but livaquaria has them rated at 75 gallons. I know these ratings are sort of arbitrary, but would it be OK in this tank? This thread started a while back, but I seem to remember we are taking about a 55 gallon tank.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I love the orange-back fairy wrasse, but livaquaria has them rated at 75 gallons. I know these ratings are sort of arbitrary, but would it be OK in this tank? This thread started a while back, but I seem to remember we are taking about a 55 gallon tank.
Well, the WhipFin Wrasse states 50gal. minimum. The Orange Back says 75gal BUT, both are said to only reach 3&1/2 inch full grown size. So I don't know :ponder2: What the difference would be :dunno:.
I would think it would be best if getting a fish rated for a slightly larger tank to not push your limit on the total number (with size consideration) of fish in the tank.
Stay less than your limit. Don't over crowd.
Hard to resist but as the fish grow, so does one's understand of why the limit needs to be paid attention to when the fish are just juvenile size. :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Some of the kinds of wrasses are rated for 90gal minimum tank.
I'd suggest really knowing which one you are getting IF you decide to get a wrasse. Only a couple of kinds at liveaquaria are rated for 50gal tanks.
If you are looking to buy one available at your LFS, might double check to make sure which one it actually is. :fishy:

Coraljunkie

I respect and appreciate everyone's help and info. After taking everyone's advice into consideration I decided to take the leap and bought a juvenile leopard wrasse last Sunday. The owner of the store told me that she was eating pellets and was very healthy. I went and checked her out and watched her for a bit. Before I could even ask him if I could see her eat, he was putting pellets into the tank and she went straight for them. I added her to my qt that I've been treating with seachem paraguard. She's been doing fine all week. I added the bottom of a water bottle filled with sand and at night she appreciates it. Fingers crossed that she keeps doing well.

Pat24601

I respect and appreciate everyone's help and info. After taking everyone's advice into consideration I decided to take the leap and bought a juvenile leopard wrasse last Sunday. The owner of the store told me that she was eating pellets and was very healthy. I went and checked her out and watched her for a bit. Before I could even ask him if I could see her eat, he was putting pellets into the tank and she went straight for them. I added her to my qt that I've been treating with seachem paraguard. She's been doing fine all week. I added the bottom of a water bottle filled with sand and at night she appreciates it. Fingers crossed that she keeps doing well.

Cool. You will have to post pics.