What Fish?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
For whatever reason, I never noticed your clowns are black and white. Aside from your 3 chromis, we have the same fish. :)

Your Royal Gramma is tough.
It's kinda strange Pat, my clowns didn't start off black & white :ponder2:
They seem to be getting darker, especially the male.
Here's a photo of them when they came to live in my tank
image.jpg

Pat24601

So, is it just my eyes (my color vision isn't great) or do they look more black and white in the video than they are? They defintely look orange in your pic!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
So, is it just my eyes (my color vision isn't great) or do they look more black and white in the video than they are? They defintely look orange in your pic!
No, they are much darker orange (more brownish) than most clownfish.
It's a mystery to me....I'd really prefer them to be bright orange & white.
But they are MINE since they were tiny, so I love them no matter what.
I assume since they continuously spawn now, they are healthy & happy.
They keep the little Clay Pot furnished with eggs or whatever Ya call 'em!
:threadjack: Guess we best get back to "What Fish? for Coraljunkie" :D

Coraljunkie

I ended up selling the banggai Cardinal because he was bullying everyone and then eventually the mystery wrasse did the same so I sold that. Now I'm back to square one...

Oxylebius

I like the leopard wrasses, genus Macropharyngodon. Interesting patterns and colors and are always swimming around. Not much on personality though. Just very pretty. Pretty much ignores everything in the tank and focuses at picking at rocks all day. looking for pods... I might not be selling this fish well... but they are GORGEOUS! Adds lots of color and movement to the tank.

Pat24601

I'm actually kind of bummed about your experience with the Bangaii Cardinal. I've never heard of them being aggressive except to conspecifics. I love mine and they are super peaceful.

Sorry to hear it turn out that way. :(

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
So maybe you should list the fish you have remaining in your tank, so we can begin again with "What Fish?" :fishy::fishy:

Coraljunkie

I have a new pair of bonded clowns in my qt/medical tank, that's it. My girlfriend fed the tank one night and forgot to close the top, lights went out and my blue spotted jawfish jumped.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Sorry about your BSJF :blue:
My best recommedation to go peacefully with a pair of clowns would be a Royal Gramma. Mine was best friends with my clown pair when I added it to my tank.
They are very bright & pretty. The chance you take is you might get a shy one.
I'm thinking that most of them eventually get over being shy.
Easy to feed & they don't bother corals.

Coraljunkie

Thank you. I'm looking into a female leopard wrasse that someone had suggested. I would appreciate any info or tips. I started a thread about how to qt a mandarin. Same questions I ask on the wrasse. Can I treat with seachem paraguard? Cupramine?

Coraljunkie

After looking into the leopard wrasse more, it's not for me. Definitely an awesome fish but I don't like how it'll turn into a male and look completely different if there aren't two in a tank.

Oxylebius

There isn't just one type of leopard wrasse, Macropharyngodon contains 10 species and 1 sub-species.
Macropharyngodon
°bipartitus
-- bipartitus
-- marisrubri
° choati
° cyanoguttatus
° geoffroyi
° kuiteri
° meleagris
° moyeri
° negrosensis
° ornatus